Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Positive Pesach Experiences
Previous  1  2

imaima

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 1:16 am
shanie5 wrote:
I was overwhelmed with the idea of cleaning my house for pesach. Made a wedding 2 1/2 weeks before pesach and work from 7:30am-5pm. Between aufruf, sheva brachos, and working on one sunday before pesach, I couldn't do it. My oldest son drove in from over 2 1/2 hours away and stayed for about 36 hours cleaning. the chosson and his new wife were here then, and they pitched in too. A 3rd son was also in and joined them. They ot a good start. My other children came home from their different schools and finished up. In the end, I think all I had to clean was my stove and some of the counters. The kids did the rest. I did the shopping, cooking and baking-but those tasks are easy for me-cleaning isnt.

Then all of my children, children in law and grandchildren were here for the first days. It was great!!

Do you give parenting classes? How do I raise such kids?

imaima

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 1:18 am
Chayalle wrote:
We hosted my sister and her DH, her 1 1/2 year old, and her newborn son for the first days. It was so nice having a baby in the house (I miss him already! He had his bris yesterday!) My kids enjoyed it so much, and I feel that we gained way more than we gave (though I tried to get her to rest as much as possible, and I actually rested myself, too.)

I am proud of myself for not sweating the small stuff (like, my toddler nephew made an absolute wreck! He is like a little machine engine. My house NEVER looks like it looked this Pesach, but it was beautiful! B"H!)

I am sure HKBH will pay you back in double. I cannot forget friends who hosted us when I had a newborn and a toddler... I was absolutely unprepared.

random shadchan

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 8:29 pm
"My 21 y.o. completely not frum son went to a Chabad communal seder in the city where he lives. He loves the Rabbi who does it, but there were literally hundreds of people and it was just too chaotic and impersonal for him, so he left. He went home and instead of watching TV and drinking beer, he knocked on the door of a Chabad family who lives a few blocks from him. He barely knows them, but has eaten at their Shabbos table once, and said "May I join your Seder?" They said "Of course! C'mon in!!". He loved it, and he went back the next night for the second seder!"

What a beautiful story! IY'H you should continue to have nachas.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Apr 09 2015, 6:51 pm
My ds stole the afikomen and hid it. I found it by accident, which he saw. I hid it. Came time for tzafun. I went to my hiding spot with a superior smirk, only to find the afikomen gone! Ds had stolen it back. I never laughed so hard.

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 4:49 pm
Had a baby a few days before pesach. Can't even explain what a wreck I was during the previous few weeks.

Physically miserable and full of anxiety about 1,000 things, top among them, making pesach and dealing with a newborn. I was so stressed I wasn't even excited about the baby, and THAT made me stressed that I wouldn't bond properly, etc. etc. I just couldn't imagine how everything could work out.

I don't know what to say. Hashem blessed me with an easy labor and a healthy baby, pesach got done, other people pitched in to help, and dh was amazing. All of my anxieties just dissolved. We had a beautiful y"t.

I don't think I felt this calm in 9 months!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics