Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Hydronephrosis - mag 3, anyone's kid have had?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 11:20 am
My 18 month old has Hydronephrosis in his kidney.. He needs to go for a mag 3 test - anyone's toddlers have had this?? How did it go?

bnm

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 4:40 pm
My son has hydranephrosis on 1 kidney and had urinary reflux on the other. We never did this test, we just monitored his kidney with sonos every few weeks which then petered out to months and now we can go a year between sonos. Did your child have a vcug at one point?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 6:53 pm
He had a vcug and does not have reflux. He had mag 3 as an infant and now the dr wants to repeat it... But it's much easier on an infant who doesn't move Bc they have to be still for an hour and how do u get a 3 month old to stay still??
bnm wrote:
My son has hydranephrosis on 1 kidney and had urinary reflux on the other. We never did this test, we just monitored his kidney with sonos every few weeks which then petered out to months and now we can go a year between sonos. Did your child have a vcug at one point?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 6:56 pm
amother wrote:
He had a vcug and does not have reflux. He had mag 3 as an infant and now the dr wants to repeat it... But it's much easier on an infant who doesn't move Bc they have to be still for an hour and how do u get a 3 month old to stay still??

Sorry op here not 3 month old , 18 month old!!!

bnm

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 7:23 pm
I don't know. Ask them how they accomplish it. I got my kid to lay still for a different test by holding an ipad with a video on it over his face but that was 5-10 minutes, not an hour. We had to sedate him for a cat scan, waking him up took longer than the whole scan.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 8:09 pm
They usually make them still by restraining them, and they give Iv/catheter and the kid cries for an hour! That's what they told me..
The dr said I can ask for sedation instead of that so I'm wondering of anyone has been through this.

bnm wrote:
I don't know. Ask them how they accomplish it. I got my kid to lay still for a different test by holding an ipad with a video on it over his face but that was 5-10 minutes, not an hour. We had to sedate him for a cat scan, waking him up took longer than the whole scan.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics