Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Can you really make money working at home?

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Apr 13 2015, 5:15 pm
I've been a stay at home mom for over 4 years and I'm planning on being a stay at home mom for another year or two since I'm expecting another baby and I want to be to raise my kids (at least for the first few years). The problem is that my husband's income isn't very high and I really want to help out. I've been searching for jobs at home online and couldn't really find anything good. I have a degree in nutrition (not registered dietitian, just a BA in nutrition) and worked at a hospital before I got pregnant. Now I'm not exactly sure what to do with my career and how I could work from home. I'm interested in healthcare jobs. It's just so frustrating to actually find jobs that pay you to work at home! and I mean decent pay...do any of you make good money working at home? any suggestions?

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Apr 13 2015, 6:36 pm
when I was in the height of my career in the top 2% of my company I made a full time income working at home. Now, I work part time and make a part time income, but the money per hour is VERY good---- I rarely work more than 20 hours a week now and when I break down my $$ versus time spent, I'm happy. I've decided to branch out and do a couple of different things so now I work 11-12 hours a week with one business (with that business I charge whatever I want to charge!) and 5-6 hours a week with another (selling products at suggested retail), and sometimes add in an hour or 2 per week with a third (residual income).... I COULD work full time, but with 2 special needs kids---- I just can't justify the intensity.

There are plenty of ways to make real money working at home. But searching for "jobs" at home online will only get you the hourly stuff which is $15 an hour or less. Putting in time upfront to legally create a business which is wanted and needed will reap more benefits in the long run in my opinion.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers