Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
I just found Chometz!!

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 10:08 pm
Help!! after all the cleaning and scrubbing each cabinet and drawer while I was cleaning up today I found licorice on top of the bookcase!! It was sitting there all Pesach!! Help! do I burn it or just throw it out? after all these months of cleaning I'm so embarrsed that there was chometz in my house on pesach

Bitachon101

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 10:12 pm
Call up LOR and ask...

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 10:19 pm
amother wrote:
Help!! after all the cleaning and scrubbing each cabinet and drawer while I was cleaning up today I found licorice on top of the bookcase!! It was sitting there all Pesach!! Help! do I burn it or just throw it out? after all these months of cleaning I'm so embarrsed that there was chometz in my house on pesach

didn't you sell your chometz?

we dont ever get rid of all of our chametz, but we sell it. there is no problem with chametz as long as you didn't own it.

imasinger

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 10:49 pm
Your LOR should be able to reassure you.

How about flushing it?

The idea is that you neither consume it nor derive benefit from it.

zaq

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 10:54 pm
read the ingredients list. the licorice may not even be chometz at all. Starch is sometimes used as a binder, and while the starch is sometimes flour, it may as often be corn starch. There is no problem owning kitniyot on pesach provided you don't eat it if you are ashkenazi.

in any event, if you sold your chometz, the contract most likely has a clause to the effect that you are selling your chometz wherever it may be found. You list the MAIN places where you have it but not necessarily every single one.
Of course you AYLOR, preferaby the one who handled the sale of your chometz.

black sheep

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 11:25 pm
thats why we say that thing by biur chametz that any chametz we haven't found is batel and hefker. I think you just have to throw it out, but AYLOR if you want to be sure.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Apr 13 2015, 1:13 am
My almost three year old found a toddler snack up under my parents couch today.....from succos. Ta know what we did? We laughed and said "that's why we say kol chanuka and sell our chametz!"

chani8

Post Mon, Apr 13 2015, 1:28 am
That's why we bittul it, and sell it. We found a cheerio in the house, but at least two dogs walked by it several times and didn't eat it. If a dog wont eat it...

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Apr 13 2015, 8:40 am
While getting my toddler's stroller ready for my in law's seder I realized we had forgottten to clean out the basket on the bottom of the stroller.... which was full of pretzels and cookies.... the very stroller I was about to wheel into my in laws' pesachdig dining room... oooooops.......

IMHopinion

Post Mon, Apr 13 2015, 2:45 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
While getting my toddler's stroller ready for my in law's seder I realized we had forgottten to clean out the basket on the bottom of the stroller.... which was full of pretzels and cookies.... the very stroller I was about to wheel into my in laws' pesachdig dining room... oooooops.......

Had that once with my diaper bag. Panic moment!

pause

Post Mon, Apr 13 2015, 9:25 pm
I found a half of a pretzel on the floor in my bedroom on Pesach. I just flushed it.

lkwdlady

Post Mon, Apr 13 2015, 9:32 pm
Mama Bear wrote:

what did you do?

Ashrei

Post Mon, Apr 13 2015, 9:57 pm
squirrels like to leave bagels around our property/porch etc on pesach. this was the 2nd or 3rd year.
in other news, my grandfather coming for the first seder brought a bottle of whiskey as a gift for us...

lkwdlady

Post Mon, Apr 13 2015, 10:03 pm
[quote="Ashrei"]squirrels like to leave bagels around our property/porch etc on pesach. this was the 2nd or 3rd year.
in other news, my grandfather coming for the first seder brought a bottle of whiskey as a gift for us...[/quote]

omg!!! hilarious - but I'm sure you didn't think so at the time!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics