Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Infant sleep apnea?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Apr 13 2015, 11:40 pm
My 7 month old snores very loudly, and his breathing arrests for up to 10 seconds at a time. He sleeps very fitfully (and so do I).

He's prone to chest infections and uses a nebulizer, but his chest is clear just now and he's still snoring and his breathing still catches.

Right now his diagnosis is RAD, but all of his symptoms seem more consistent with sleep apnea. Can a baby have sleep apnea?

bnm

Post Tue, Apr 14 2015, 12:58 am
yes.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Apr 14 2015, 1:05 am
Although never diagnosed, I believe my infant had it as well. I switched him to sleeping on his stomach and it is 100 times better BH.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Apr 14 2015, 9:14 am
amother wrote:
Although never diagnosed, I believe my infant had it as well. I switched him to sleeping on his stomach and it is 100 times better BH.

He already sleeps on his stomach since his first chest infection. He's had 4 in 7 months.

What's the path to diagnosis? What does treatment look like for an infant? Until the pediatrician have us the nebulizer was such jumping through hoops, but I'm so glad I stuck with it because he can finally breathe. But his night time breathing is concerning me even more now that his day time breathing has improved so much.

Sorry for rambling. I really appreciate any advice or experience.

Classicookie

Post Tue, Apr 14 2015, 9:49 am
Yes you need to go to a pulmongist that specialize in sleep disorders and do a sleep study also see an ent there are 2 types of sleep apnea one is obstive and 1 central obstive arena what my dd had we had to take out tonsils and adenoids we did it at 16 m she had 24 apneas an hour and slept horribly and make all kinds of noises she was a new child after we fixed it

bnm

Post Tue, Apr 14 2015, 10:32 am
I would recommend seeing a pulmonologist.

Jeanette

Post Tue, Apr 14 2015, 11:31 am
what kind of nebulizer is he on?
Yes, see a pulmonologist and get a sleep study done.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics