Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Is your preemie more difficult as a child then your others?

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Apr 15 2015, 12:41 pm
Just curious because my 5 year old, who was born at 32 weeks has always been a much more difficult child then my full term babies.

I know it can be because of anything, but I'm curious if others have this experience.

kakky

Post Wed, Apr 15 2015, 2:13 pm
my preemie, born week 32, now almost 9 and is one of my easier kids.

my most difficult child is now 14 and is now a very impressive kid who makes us very proud, B'H.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Apr 15 2015, 2:39 pm
My preemie is very emotionally insecure and unusually clingy. I always wondered if it was connected or possibly caused by a traumatic newborn stage with not as much touching/holding as there would have been otherwise and a lot of tests.

In what way is your child difficult?

imaima

Post Wed, Apr 15 2015, 2:49 pm
Did anyone think of taking preemies to an osteopath? I don't have a preemie but I saw at their website that they treat preemies. Due to their young gestational age they may experience birth as more traumatic as it is for a full term baby which results in later health problems, including behavioral.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Apr 15 2015, 4:27 pm
imaima wrote:
Did anyone think of taking preemies to an osteopath? I don't have a preemie but I saw at their website that they treat preemies. Due to their young gestational age they may experience birth as more traumatic as it is for a full term baby which results in later health problems, including behavioral.

What is an osteopath?

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Apr 15 2015, 6:11 pm
She is not more clingy, but she is definitely emotinally needy. She throws tantrums and fits and talks back all the time. She gets very wound up and overstimulated.

I know it could be as he or sensory, but I'm curious if being a preemie might have somehow affected this.

greatfulmom

Post Wed, Apr 15 2015, 9:18 pm
I am so sorry about your difficult child. One of my kids were born at 29 weeks. He had a complicated beginning of life, with respiratory issues, and asthma attacks until age four. BH this is all but a memory now. I always say that Hashem made him my easiest child to raise, because of his difficult beginning. He happens to have the coolest nature in my home, and gives me the least challenges! He's also doing very well scholastically.

I hope I answered your question, and hope that your child grows into the one that you will have the most nachas from!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics