Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
A triple stroller

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 8:41 am
I'm due pretty soon with my third, and my oldest will be two and a half. Do I just make her walk everywhere when we go out? Do I invest in a triple stroller?

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 8:49 am
I definitely do not think she should walk everywhere (I have a 2.5 year old and he loves to walk but gets tired after a while. Also it can really slow me down if we are rushing somewhere)
the easiest solution is if you can wear your baby and put your kids in a double stroller.
Also see if you can get a double stroller that has a stand platform - that way your 2.5 can stand on it while you push the other two kids.
If the above options are not practical, then I would invest in a triple stroller.
Good luck!!

myself

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 8:49 am
How about a buggy board, buggypod, or something similar?

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 8:58 am
Ty. I like the idea of keeping a baby carrier in the stroller for when 2.5 year old needs to sit. Where does the buggy board attach to? If it goes in the back of the stroller, how do you push it?

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 9:13 am
So I looked into the buggy board. Is it even practical? The videos of people pushing the strollers all had them over stretching their arms to push. Looks really uncomfortable!

asp40

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 9:16 am
Yes, invest in a triple stroller., especially if you are alone with the kids and like ot get out of the house. I had a triple jogger and while it was amazing to push, you could not take it to stores, as it was too wide. But perfect for the park or walks. Look for a used one.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 9:29 am
Looked into the buggypod and have seen very good and horrible reviews. How do I know if it's good and where to get it?

How do I find a used triple?

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 9:33 am
a double with a jump seat would probably be smart. if your oldest is a good walker, though, I would just go for a double stroller. you can lie the seat back and put two kids in one seat in a pinch. I used to put four kids in my double stroller. it will eventually warp the seat backs, though, so buy a cheap one that you don't intend to resell.

asp40

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 9:36 am
I just did a quick search on craigslist and saw a handful posted there. I was the 3rd owner of my triple and still was able to resell it after 5 years.

bargainlover

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 10:50 am
Valco makes a double that a 3rd seat attaches to front not sure what it's called

Iymnok

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 11:06 am
A jump seat.

I used the valco hitchhiker on my mountain buggy, it worked well when I adjusted the handle. It's always better uphill. A strong double with a belly bar gives a back up solution, but not ideal at all.

finallyamommy

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 11:08 am
I agree with sticking with a double stroller and wearing the third baby. You could even take turns wearing them--I've never worn a newborn, but I have worn a 1+ year old (which I assume is the age of your middle one), and they do fine, if for some reason you need the newborn in the stroller.

rikki 1

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 11:17 am
Hi, if you live in Lakewood, I may have a triple stroller I can sell you for really cheap (bought it 6 years ago and then didn't need it in end because bought a car so wasn't walking all over.) It's a triple Valco, in almost brand new shape, but want to get rid of so would sell for cheap. It is pretty bulky though, not practical to close up often....let me know if you are interested.

bridein08

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 12:36 pm
I love my buggy board. but its attached to a single, not a double, so maybe that's why its not as awkward to push. Also I have an uppa baby so I push with the handlebar at the highest height- which is also probably why its not difficult to push...
ive seen people with those double strollers with their kid sitting on the front on that footrest thing... but if you are a huge walker I would say a triple would be a good investment

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 12:45 pm
rikki f wrote:
Hi, if you live in Lakewood, I may have a triple stroller I can sell you for really cheap (bought it 6 years ago and then didn't need it in end because bought a car so wasn't walking all over.) It's a triple Valco, in almost brand new shape, but want to get rid of so would sell for cheap. It is pretty bulky though, not practical to close up often....let me know if you are interested.

Sent you a pm. Would like to hear details.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics