Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Smooth bikini line

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 10:56 am
How do you get a smooth bakini line? Waxing is nice for a few days, but I want to swim every single day and shaving is ugly and bumpy. I don't want to wear shorts! So, ladies with nice and smooth bakini lines what is your secret?

amother
Green

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 11:00 am
I'm having a reaction to your post. (Not to YOU personally, OP, but to your POST). I don't know why but I just feel that something like what you're asking is private and should be an area for DH and not for everyone else at the pool or beach. Again, this is probably just my own stuff so please please don't take offense. It's my reaction, not your problem.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 11:16 am
amother wrote:
I'm having a reaction to your post. (Not to YOU personally, OP, but to your POST). I don't know why but I just feel that something like what you're asking is private and should be an area for DH and not for everyone else at the pool or beach. Again, this is probably just my own stuff so please please don't take offense. It's my reaction, not your problem.

It's not a private area. its an area that is always exposed in a bathing suit so Im not taking offense becuase I think that it's perfectly normal for me to not want every woman in the pool w/ me to see my shaving bumps at the top of my legs. I'm sorry about your reaction, but were you confused about what I was asking?

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 11:22 am
Laser.

Makes the hair grow back much slower and thinner, so when I do shave once in a while, it's smooth

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 11:30 am
what do blonds or redheads that can't do laser do?

Ruchel

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 11:35 am
You realize that not everyone shaves, at all? Many just trim. Or not.

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 11:41 am
I'm really hairy and HATE it! but my hair isn't dark enough for laser Sad I don't know what to do

Kitten

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 12:05 pm
Several years ago, I saw an advertisement for epilation stones. I don't know how they are called exactly. They are supposed to destroy the hairs while you rub your skin. It looks too good to be true and I have difficulty imagining how they can work if you are very hairy, but maybe someone out here has more information about them.

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 12:40 pm
Kitten wrote:
Several years ago, I saw an advertisement for epilation stones. I don't know how they are called exactly. They are supposed to destroy the hairs while you rub your skin. It looks too good to be true and I have difficulty imagining how they can work if you are very hairy, but maybe someone out here has more information about them.

I also heard about them. I thought that it takes weeks - months for it be effective. I never tried it so no personal experience. I have my own at home waxing kit which I cannot really recommend since it can be potentially dangerous. I also sometimes tweeze that area if I know I will be in a bathing suit. Also, hair does not need to be very long to wax (it just cannot be freshly shaved): think about your eyebrows...

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 12:42 pm
amother wrote:
I'm really hairy and HATE it! but my hair isn't dark enough for laser Sad I don't know what to do

Many of the new machines work for blondes and redheads, but I would not recommend laser unless you have it performed in a dermatologist's office because there are hypo and hyper pigmentation risks and the hair removal is not 100% permanent.

Twinster

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 12:44 pm
Laser does it. Is there really no option for lighter hair?

I don't know if this works for the bikini area, but when I shave other areas I use a sugar scrub as a shaving cream, once before shaving and once after. It leaves the skin smooth for days; no bumps. You can give it a try and see if it works.

causemommysaid

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 2:30 pm
You can use hair removal cream- no bumps

Twinster

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 4:32 pm
causemommysaid wrote:
You can use hair removal cream- no bumps

Everyone is different, but I tried those and they were worse than shaving.

Sadie

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 4:48 pm
I couldn't shave; I did laser and it was a miracle. It wasn't totally permanent but it lightened things up enough so that I can shave now without getting ingrown hairs. You can also try getting a vintage style bathing suit that has more coverage without having to put on shorts. My bathing suit is from here: http://www.modcloth.com/shop/o.....mwear

Helig.daughter

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 5:10 pm
amother wrote:
It's not a private area. its an area that is always exposed in a bathing suit so Im not taking offense becuase I think that it's perfectly normal for me to not want every woman in the pool w/ me to see my shaving bumps at the top of my legs. I'm sorry about your reaction, but were you confused about what I was asking?

This is only my 2nd post, so I apologize if I sound prissy. I wasnt expecting this to be such a risque place. Bikini line usually isn't noticeable unless you are going skinny-dipping

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 5:11 pm
You can also get a tankini that has a little skirt attached to the buttom. Victoria's Secret had them last year. It should still be in fashion. It's more practical than a one piece.
Unless you do laser, I don't think you can have a completely shaven look all the time. Hair grows.

Kitten

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 5:18 pm
Helig.daughter wrote:
This is only my 2nd post, so I apologize if I sound prissy. I wasnt expecting this to be such a risque place. Bikini line usually isn't noticeable unless you are going skinny-dipping

I think OP is very self-conscious so it's an issue for her, like some people would never go out without makeup.
There are people who don't shave at all and have no problem with it.

Sadie

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 11:58 pm
Helig.daughter wrote:

Not true. An unshaven bikini line is noticeable in a normal bathing suit. That is how the suits are cut. Many women have hair that extends to the top of their thighs. It's not risqué to remove this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics