Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Are you afraid to fly?
Previous  1  2

happyone

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 7:59 am
[quote="amother"]I didn't fly in a long time but I'm absolutely, obsessively dead scared to ride in a car.[/quote]

So how in the world to you get anywhere? Horse and buggy?

cindy324

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 1:10 pm
Quote:
My husband is afraid to fly. He even saw a psychologist for it, who said that a lot of people who are afraid to fly have a problem with take-offs but nothing else.

It's true. By the time we're cruising at reached altitude, I'm OK. I almost forget we're up in the air LOL

brooklyn

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 1:38 pm
I don't have a problem flying, not scary to me just hate flying coach but can't afford business or first class.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 2:02 pm
Ten, you never miss an opportunity to poke me with your long pole, do you?

lotte

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 2:16 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Ten, you never miss an opportunity to poke me with your long pole, do you?

why don't you look at what YOU write first?
I come up with a new topic.A question.
I enjoy everybody's opinions,thoughts etc..
all of a sudden(and I am already used to it and expecting it)comes chocolate and says:why not a poll?or:we have discussed it already!
I answered you a few times :no poll cause my name is 1011 not choc.
you dont seem to get it!
you know what?
let me enjoy myself here.ignore my posts & get to your next victim.
You dont have to bother pm any longer!

frog

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 3:41 pm
I never found tranquilizers hel;ped. teh fear is greater than the pill.

Nomad

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 9:06 pm
Quote:
I actually love the feeling of takeoff and landing. I guess I'm the odd one out, I really enjoy and look forward to flying!

I used to feel this way to..
for some reason though after I got married, I slowly developed a greater fear of flying....and then after I was on a flight alone with bad turbulencei was so freaked out thinking how the plane would crash and if I would have time to call dh to tell him I love him (im crazy - I know), so now I REALLY hate it. I cant stand take off - and turbulence.

something that seemed to help a little though is a blog my friend told me about. its by southwest airlines and its pilots writing about their thoughts...and sometimes writing about flying too - so you get to see what theyre thinking "behind the wheel" which makes it more reassuring that they actually do have some control

the link is:
http://www.blogsouthwest.com/

amother

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 11:10 pm
happyone wrote:
amother wrote:
I didn't fly in a long time but I'm absolutely, obsessively dead scared to ride in a car.

So how in the world to you get anywhere? Horse and buggy?

Horse and buggy? I wish! I don't travel too much and when I do I usaually go by train or bus. Now I have to see somebody in Monsey after Pesach and I'm worrying my head off how to get there. Dh will probably want to rent a car (right now he doesn't have a car) and drive me. I'm thinking of taking the bus and he could come by car. Yeah, I know, I'm crazy!

Blossom

Post Wed, Apr 25 2007, 4:41 pm
Quote:
Yeah, I know, I'm crazy!

Darling, You are NOT crazy. You just have a Fear of something that you have to work on.

Anyway I Hate flying. I am petrified. I certainly like the landing part best, cause that means we're arriving Smile . But I haven't flown in years. I always wonder if I'll receive a free ticket or win the Oorah auction to Israel what I'll do.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics