Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Eczema treament
Previous  1  2

cbg

Post Sun, Apr 19 2015, 12:42 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
The dermatologist suggested diluted bleach baths for DD's eczema and it worked really well.

You can try food grade hydrogen peroxide, diluted.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 12:23 am
For those here who said that the eczema is an allergic reaction, did you do testing for allergies by an allergist? If it came up negative how did you know what to avoid?
Any tips would be greatly appreciated

smile

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 4:48 am
My DD has eczema since before school and she is over 12 now. I feel so bad for her. She is suffering so badly and it affects her mentally already.
We tried so many cream but it keeps on coming back. And our Dr dont want do an allergic test. They say we have to find out on our own which is so difficult.

What has helped you the most. Which creams helps the most and which food will be most likely cause her flare ups?

PAMOM

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 8:41 am
You should see a dermatologist for your daughter.

seeker

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 10:01 am
amother wrote:
For those here who said that the eczema is an allergic reaction, did you do testing for allergies by an allergist? If it came up negative how did you know what to avoid?
Any tips would be greatly appreciated

We did get tested by an allergist. It was not prompted by the eczema, I had not realized that could be from allergies, but then I noticed that once we started to COMPLETELY avoid having any of her allergens in the house, her eczema cleared up and never came back (her allergies are pretty serious; not just a sensitivity - so I guess she was being exposed somehow even if not eating it. Now we keep these foods far, far away.)

But the other option, especially since some people are sensitive without actual "allergies," is elimination diet (also elimination of toiletries/detergents/soaps/etc)

I don't know if it qualifies eczema as an allergy per se but most eczema is classified as a form of atopy which means it comes from the same root problem as allergies and asthma. Same body system at work. Try probiotics. I need to get back to work now but will post a link later about that.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 10:06 am
Eczema is best treated from the inside out. New creams always helped, but only a little and only for a short time. Diet can make a huge difference. We never did allergy testing because I was told that allergy testing is not reliable while the child is flared up - which was always. GAPS diet did wonders. Not easy to follow, but I highly recommend.

sky

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 10:35 am
My son cut out food coloring for 2 months and his eczema went away. (We know he other triggers - some fruit).
But he decided it isn't worth it. He'd rather suffer from eczema then not eat food coloring, even when I buy exactly what he wants and pay him for his nosh. He is old enough that I cannot force it. You need a kid who is willing to go along with special diets. If they eat what they want in school and camp and friends it will not help.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 11:29 am
I have treated eczema successfully on a few of my kids (different stages/ages). Their diets included solely whole grains, nothing processed,etc. and they were given brewers yeast. One of my daughters had really bad eczema on her face...it cleared up completely. It doesn't happen overnight.(no brewers yeast does not cause yeast infections;completely different strain).

sotired3

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 12:23 pm
My son has eczema all over and probiotics were very helpful. It really made a difference. Also omega -3, but that's harder to get a kid to take as it's fish oil and has a taste. Aveeno eczema cream is good. The best soap to use is dr bronners Castile soap. Even dove soap has chemicals in it. I also make sure that all his clothing and linen is 100% cotton. I only clean with natural cleaning products- and nothing scented ex: air fresher, scented candles. I have had where we walked into other peoples houses and he breaks out within minutes of walking in the door.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics