Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
Shoes for big prosthetics/arches

NYmommy

Post Sun, Apr 19 2015, 9:46 pm
My 5 year old son wears prosthetic/arches in his shoes. He has really bad feet with lots of problems so its not the typical thin arch that fits into any shoe, its big bulky one. I'm having trouble finding a shoe that accommodates it. The venettini high tops also don't work with it. The only shoe so far that works is a high top lace up sneaker. The problem is shabbos he can't wear sporty sneakers. Anyone familiar with which dressy shoe will work?

animeme

Post Sun, Apr 19 2015, 10:58 pm
Something that laces. I'd look for an all black leather sneaker, in whatever style works. On a five year old, people will have to look closely to realize its not an official Shabbos shoe.

myself

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 5:40 am
NYmommy wrote:
My 5 year old son wears prosthetic/arches in his shoes. He has really bad feet with lots of problems so its not the typical thin arch that fits into any shoe, its big bulky one. I'm having trouble finding a shoe that accommodates it. The venettini high tops also don't work with it. The only shoe so far that works is a high top lace up sneaker. The problem is shabbos he can't wear sporty sneakers. Anyone familiar with which dressy shoe will work?

Just wanted to point out that the word you're looking for is orthotics, not prosthetics AFAIK.

Good luck in finding a suitable shoe, have you removed the insole of the shoe before putting in the arch?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries