Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Urgent needed - a midot concert/script for MO school - yr 3

buzz

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 4:38 am
I teach a co ed very Zionistic MO school

Does anyone have a script about midot?

It would be so appreciated

TIA

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 6:02 am
Just to clarify, you mean Year 3 as in 8-9 years olds or pre-K/nursery class of 3 year olds? I'm assuming the former. Core middot should be the same regardless of hashkafa, in general they tend to be presented with some link to either parsha hashavua or Pirkei Avot Lots of focus on chessed, tefilla, tzedaka, bikur cholim, hachnasat orchim--something easier for primary school students to emulate and to relate to.

My kids school also choose 'mishna of the week' with corresponding middah and awards special stickers to children who demonstrated middah. For example (sorry copied straight from school newsletter).

"This Week's Mishna was אל תפרוש מן הצבור (literally: do not separate yourself from the community). Our School focus is to demonstrate behaviour and actions that are fully inclusive and does not exclude anyone from your group. The children who have be awarded the SMART stickers for this week have worked hard to demonstrate their understanding of this Mishna by proactively including others in their activities"

"This Week's Mishna was : אם אין תורה אין דרך ארץ (Im Ein Torah- Ein Derech Eretz, Im Ein Derech Eretz, Ein Torah) Without the Torah we would not know how to behave, but if we do not behave properly there is no point learning the Torah. We have been on the lookout for pupils who have shown to have both exemplary behaviour and a good work ethic this week."

"This Week's Mishna was וֶהֱוֵי מְקַבֵּל אֶת כָּל הָאָדָם בְּסֵבֶר פָּנִים יָפוֹת. The chosen Mishna is roughly translated as “And receive everyone with a pleasant countenance” which links in well with another saying for the month of Adar - Mishenichnas Adar Marbim B’Simcha! (as the month of Adar enters/begins, we increase our joy!) The children who have been awarded the SMART stickers for this week have worked hard to demonstrate their understanding of this Mishna by proactively including others in their activities. "

buzz

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 6:14 am
Yes I mean 8 - 9 yr olds Smile

Of course the Hashkafa is the same but my kids will do songs that most more right winged schools would not do, that's why I specified the school. For example, the latest songs out there with jewish words and themes would be acceptable...

So if anyone has a midot script or concert that I could adapt or use or get ideas from it would be very helpful..

TIA

amother
Black

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 7:03 am
marvelous middos machine?

buzz

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 7:08 am
thought about that but it wasn't the right choice... thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics