Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Prescription shoes - where? (NY)

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Apr 06 2015, 6:48 pm
My child has orthotics. The first time, a guy in the podiatrist's practice gave us shoes to go with them and the shoes themselves were covered by our insurance. There was zero selection, though. She needs new shoes now, so the podiatrist gave us a prescription and said I can get the shoes elsewhere if I find a place. Anyone know a place to get shoes for orthotics that are covered by the prescription/insurance? (we already have the orthotics arches from the podiatrist. Just need shoes. Nice/cute/comfortable ones this time.)

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Apr 06 2015, 9:45 pm
Teitelbaums in Boro Park

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Apr 06 2015, 10:26 pm
I think I've heard of them, is that the official name of the store? I heard of it for adults I think, would they have nice shoes/sneakers for a 2-year-old? Wonder if they're open on chol hamoed because she JUST had this growth spurt before yomtov and could really use new shoes around now, and I will be in Brooklyn tomorrow probably and don't know when I'll next have time.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Apr 07 2015, 9:07 am
Teitelbaums phone no. 718 782 0600

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Apr 07 2015, 9:25 am
Thanks. Closed for Pesach. Oh well.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Apr 07 2015, 9:39 am
I think Di Rubio shoe store has some shoes you can get on prescription.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Apr 07 2015, 7:47 pm
Thanks. Do you know this for sure? I tried calling them but got no answer. maybe they're also closed for Pesach. Will have to try next week... hope she's not too uncomfortable until then!

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 12:56 pm
Got through to Di Rubio. They said they do not do prescription shoes.

Does anyone know if Teitelbaum has cute shoes for a toddler/little kid? The website looks pretty ugly. Meanwhile they're telling me they can only do shoes if you get the insoles by them too. I am waiting to talk to the owner to find out if this policy can be bent because the problem is that I got both the insoles and shoes from the podiatrist originally, was not happy with the shoes, she has outgrown the shoes now but the insoles still fit so I am not going to get a prescription for new insoles+shoes since we already have the insoles, but I am also not going back to the same place for shoes because they had a total of 2 styles, one of which already didn't work for us so I don't have much confidence in the other.

I thought I could potentially save hundreds by getting the shoes via prescription but I'm starting to think I'll just end up going to a regular shoe store and spending an even bigger fortune than usual because we can only get whichever shoe goes with her arches.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 2:04 pm
I don't know what kind of orthotics your daughter has, but my dd has these shoes that fit with her high orthotics.
http://www.zappos.com/primigi-.....-pink

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 6:08 pm
amother wrote:
I don't know what kind of orthotics your daughter has, but my dd has these shoes that fit with her high orthotics.
http://www.zappos.com/primigi-.....-pink

Thanks. They're cute. It's the $70 part that bugs me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics