Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Help me buy a bra.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 4:56 pm
Im going to Triumph tomorrow to go bra shopping and I need some advice. Ive brought most of my bras from them but lately they always seem to get a hole and the under wire pokes me till I fix it. Then it pops out and happens again.

Im big and I need good support and I want it minimizing so that I dont look as big as I am.

So which type of bra should I look into buying?

TIA.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 5:25 pm
Va bien has excellent support and a great minimizer. They also tear after a while tho.

Helig.daughter

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 5:46 pm
I go to the place on 18th ave near the train. They have excellent fitters there and I prefer that atmosphere.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 6:06 pm
Helig.daughter wrote:
I go to the place on 18th ave near the train. They have excellent fitters there and I prefer that atmosphere.

Thanks but im in Europe

mille

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 6:26 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks but im in Europe

Where in Europe? If you are in the UK, you need to get to Bravissimo ASAP. Your bras don't fit, thats why they break and poke you. Bravissimo is one of the best places in the entire world to get a properly fitted bra, because they use correct sizing methods. They have a huge selection. Most places don't use correct measuring methods, which is why you end up with bras having too small cups (which causes the wires to poke you).

If not Europe, I can try to recommend something in the country you are located Smile

lilacdreams

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 7:11 pm
If in England go to Rigby and Pellar. I went there after many years of bad bra wearing and was fitted and have never looked back. They are expensive but I bought bras there and then found them online for much cheaper. If they are good enough for the whole royal family, they'll be good enough for you!

mille

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 7:14 pm
lilacdreams wrote:
If in England go to Rigby and Pellar. I went there after many years of bad bra wearing and was fitted and have never looked back. They are expensive but I bought bras there and then found them online for much cheaper. If they are good enough for the whole royal family, they'll be good enough for you!

I still recommend Bravissimo for fittings over Rigby and Pellar, which has great products but can be inconsistent in sizing. I'm glad that you had a good experience! But I have unfortunately heard of negative experiences where the fitters use poor sizing methods. It seems like they can be inconsistent.

But I do totally agree with buying bras online for cheaper once you have been properly sized!

You can also measure yourself at home: http://www.brasizecalculator.tk/

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 8:30 pm
http://thekrazycouponlady.com/.....bras/

mille

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 9:47 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
http://thekrazycouponlady.com/tips/style/stop-spending-big-bucks-ill-fitting-bras/

I find it quite ironic that the photo at the top of the article shows a VERY poor bra fit. LOL The band is at least 2 sizes too big and the cup size is too small (the underwires are sitting on her breast tissue, not around it).

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 9:54 pm
Edith Lance is the best par none

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 5:52 am
I went and brought a bra today by Triumph. I got a minimize and they made sure that it fit me good.

I asked them the reason the wire comes out and they said its cause the bra is too small. Also she told me that I have to put them in a bag when I do the wash and not in the dryer, and not to use softener.

Thanks for all your advice.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 6:42 am
mille wrote:
I still recommend Bravissimo for fittings over Rigby and Pellar, which has great products but can be inconsistent in sizing. I'm glad that you had a good experience! But I have unfortunately heard of negative experiences where the fitters use poor sizing methods. It seems like they can be inconsistent.

But I do totally agree with buying bras online for cheaper once you have been properly sized!

You can also measure yourself at home: http://www.brasizecalculator.tk/

Where are bravissimo and Rigby and Pellar?

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 7:21 am
I found them online. Thanks for the tip off.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics