Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Im good for no job. (sob, sob, sob)
Previous  1  2  3

Dolly Welsh

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 10:30 am
Fine, chalk it up to experience. You should NEVER do mind-numbing work. It's only mind-numbing to you. Someone else might be well suited to it. It did not suit the way you think, and you can't change how you think.

You got a little money, learned a few things, and made the huge mistake of taking it at all. You racked up a "failure" that was only a failure of casting. Delete the memory and don't do that again.

Now, figure out what you would enjoy. Never do anything you don't find interesting and at least a little bit ok and cool.

Where do you like to GO, where you live? The park? The museum? The library? On your day off, where do you go for fun? That's a place you simply like being.

Spruce your appearance and skills and go get a job at THAT PLACE. It doesn't matter doing what. You will like being part of making it run. You simply like the place. Behind that simple statement is a compatibility with the people there. It suits you to just go there at all. If they need reception, or filing, or a greeter, that's for you.

Go hang out there and look carefully at the people who WORK there. Not the customers. The workers. Get the point of the kind of person they need there: how they handle themselves, talk, and above all LOOK.

Make sure you look and talk like those people. Start working on getting an interview there.

There should be a few such places on your list.

Working somewhere is like being cast for a play. You need to look like you belong there. They shouldn't see "an Outsider" when you walk in. They should see "oh goodie, she's One of Us."

Assess your skills. If you have been home a lot, that may well mean you are smooth with: people, children, hosting, cooking. Those skills can be paid.

Yes. You Tube will teach you anything and everything. Adore to learn. Adore to be trained.

After appearance, an employer is going to check for attitude. They want to see positivism. The last thing they need is a complainer. If you are Little Mimi Sunshine you are doing it right. Stand up straight, don't fidget, don't carry a huge bag, and smile. If you hate your teeth, get them taken care of.

The three questions, I heard, are: Can you do it, Will you do it, Will you fit in here.

Be what they need. And don't take it personally if you are not what they need. You are either what they need or you are not. Quickly go on to the next thing, if you are not. It's NO reflection on you. They are casting for a play.

Be a good specimen of what you in fact are, and go where they need someone like that. That is exactly what you did not do, when you took that mind-numbing job. Nobody died. Keep going.

finallyamommy

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 11:57 am
OP, does this look up your alley? http://www.janglo.net/index.ph.....52114

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 7:20 am
esheschayil wrote:
OP, does this look up your alley? http://www.janglo.net/index.ph.....52114
Funnily enough, I answered another ad for the same company a few days ago and went back and forth with someone through email. Then nothing. I did email about this job. Havent heard anything yet either.
I wonder if maybe its not legit. Who knows.

lubaussie

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 8:29 am
Have you tried career counseling? And/or a mentor you could speak to who knows you personally? Sometimes it's good even just to get objective advice.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 7:51 am
I can sympathise. I hold a MA in Archeology and its impossible to find jobs. Even if not in the field....
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics