Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Torn suit pants..need a taylor/seamstress

amother
Seafoam

Post Sat, Apr 25 2015, 10:13 pm
My son tore his very expensive suitpants (Not on the seam!). Any recommendations for a really good taylor/seamstress in Flatbush? Thanks

doctorima

Post Sat, Apr 25 2015, 10:27 pm
I usually use Marina on Coney Island between L and M (next to Rav Dovid Cohen's shul). For an almost invisible job, you can use a reweaver in the city, but that's quite expensive.

STovah

Post Sat, Apr 25 2015, 10:30 pm
I use Geula Tailor on Nostrand and J, she is very good.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sat, Apr 25 2015, 10:41 pm
Thanks, doctorima, do you know about how much reweaving is, and is there noone that does it locally? I'm thinking that even if it's expensive, it should still be a fraction of the price of the suit. Also, if the tear is about half an inch by a half an inch, do you think it would still look much better with reweaving than just with a very good seamstress? Thanks!

amother
Cyan

Post Sat, Apr 25 2015, 10:49 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks, doctorima, do you know about how much reweaving is, and is there noone that does it locally? I'm thinking that even if it's expensive, it should still be a fraction of the price of the suit. Also, if the tear is about half an inch by a half an inch, do you think it would still look much better with reweaving than just with a very good seamstress? Thanks!

What is locally? You mentioned Flatbush but Flatbush is big

amother
Seafoam

Post Sat, Apr 25 2015, 10:51 pm
Anywhere in Flatbush!

doctorima

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 12:40 am
I don't believe there are any reweavers in Brooklyn. It's a very delicate skill, and very few people today still do it. In Manhattan you have French-American which is the best, but also most expensive. There's also Alice Zotta, who used to be the best, but she died a few years ago and the reviews say it's not the same.

Reweaving can work magic and is much better than a seamstress, but also depends on the type of material and design of the suit in terms of just how much it can be hidden. As I said, it's not cheap though. The places in the city will likely charge $75-$100.

The good news is that you don't have to use a local place. There are places in other cities that you can ship it to, and they repair it and ship back. You can email them a picture of the damage to get an approximate price quote and a sense of what to expect. But it will still cost you at least $50.

momx6

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 1:17 am
Ritas on Avenue m does great work!

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 6:06 am
Where on M is Rita's? Thanks

Leahh

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 9:07 am
Weaver in flatbush. 7182589069. I think she's on east 10 bet l&m. Went once but she told me I'd be better off going to a regular seamstress.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics