Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Excited to share this Modest Fashion website with you!

Yael

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 9:50 am

I am so excited, I have to share this Modest Fashion website with you!

I personally got tired of that scavenger hunt in the mall for the perfect dress (especially in the summer). There was always something missing, in the dresses I found; whether it was the neckline, sleeve length or dress length - something about them was never right.
So I’d come home with something a little shorter, a little more revealing, and then spend hours trying to figure out how to make it more tznius, Modest, and wearable. One time I wore a white shirt underneath, the next time a skirt, and the next time- both! It was tiring, and unattractive, and my creative ideas for fixing up dresses were starting to get old.

One day I found myself searching online for Modest fashion (how many times could I shop at the same stores in the mall?). I remembered my friend told me about ModLi, this awesome site which is literally the Etsy for modest fashion, aggregating boutiques that specialize in modest fashion into one place! I felt like I was home. It was an amazing feeling, to find a website that understood my fashion needs.

Yes, their modesty standards do vary, and some dresses in my opinion are still not 100% the way I would like them to be. But, since I know that they cater to many other communities aside from the Orthodox Jewish world (Christian, Mormon & Muslim women), I assumed they needed to have a lot of styles. Plus, it’s super easy it is to find the lengths & necklines I am looking for. All the categories have icons to filter out what I don’t wear.

I am very grateful to ModLi for making my search easier, and helping me find gorgeous, tznius clothing. Did I mention that I just placed my first order??
Thanks ModLi!!
Chani, J.
NY

*this is a customer review, revised for the purpose of this sponsored post.
ModLi features hundreds of Modest dresses, skirts & shirts, Modest swimwear , Tichels & more.

For more info visit: www.ModLi.co or follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/modlifashion or Instagram: #modlifashion

Sponsored Post

mirror

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 5:15 pm
I just checked out their web site. I can't wait until they have tznius clothing on this site.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 9:26 pm
I hope you'll show more information on all items as time goes on, like fabric content, washing instructions, and measurements in inches for Israeli dresses.

navz101

Post Thu, Mar 19 2015, 9:17 am
How about rephrasing it into a suggestion, instead of a complaint? feel free to send us a link to the tznius designers you buy from so we can provide you in the future with the real tznius stuff.
thanks,
ModLi Team.

oliveoil

Post Thu, Mar 19 2015, 9:40 am
Quote:
There was always something missing, in the dresses I found; whether it was the neckline, sleeve length or dress length - something about them was never right.

One time I wore a white shirt underneath, the next time a skirt, and the next time- both!

Irony, much?

L25

Post Thu, Mar 19 2015, 9:53 am
may be have a section of clothing or a special search term for clothing that fully cover the elbows, color bones, knees... on an average person so that people who are looking for that don't have to sift through the clothing that doesn't?

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 10:08 am
navz101 wrote:
How about rephrasing it into a suggestion, instead of a complaint? feel free to send us a link to the tznius designers you buy from so we can provide you in the future with the real tznius stuff.
thanks,
ModLi Team.

Are you the ModLi Team?

youngishbear

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 10:16 am
I was surprised to find dresses that need exactly what was mentioned in the OP, skirts and shells underneath. But when I applied the filters, I realized the point: it gives me a way to find the neck, hem, and sleeve lengths I wear without sifting through 1,000s of, let's say, amazon listings myself.

The only problem is, that after applying my filters, I found exactly four items that matched my criteria. But none of them appealed to me.

So if this would be a general tool for the world wide web, I would make this my home page. As it is, there's not much on the site that is better than at the mall or on regular websites.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics