Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What's a typical day for you?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

imaima

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 3:47 pm
heidi wrote:
This is so sad.
Where is "play with kids, ask how their day was, snuggle and cuddle with baby"?
I am soo so sorry for you.
It sounds like you really have your hands full.

I think amother sounds amazing, very organized. I am in awe. It would be really weird if she had to *schedule* cuddling time with the baby.

nywife

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 3:56 pm
heidi wrote:
I'm sorry you are all so offended by my pointing out the simple fact that not one of the people who posted sounds like they take the time to enjoy their children even one little bit.
Look at the mother of twins who just posted.
I feel sorry for their kids.

In light of some of your comments, I'm finding your avatar to be quite ironic.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 4:10 pm
MamaBear wrote:
I was just about to write that there's no homework in there. That's my number one biggest stress. Add in a cranky baby or needy toddler to the homework help and it's really ten times harder than when I just had little ones. Sad

This my kids are still young but I find doing the homework supper hour so so stressful.

gp2.0

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 4:30 pm
amother wrote:
5:45-6:00 wake up
6:00-7:10 Get dressed, supervise/get kids dressed, nurse baby, finish preping my stuff for work (ie. prep breakfast, pack pump), give kids breakfast.
7:10-:7:15 leave for work
7:10/7:15-7:45/7:50 commute to work
8:00-2:50 At work
2:50-3:15/3:30 commute home from work
3:15-4:15 pick up children from various babysitter/playgroup/preschool/school bus
4:15-4:45 unpack lunch bags/wash dishes
4:45-6:00- finish dinner prep, give kids dinner, feed baby
6:00-7:00 give kids baths, brush teeth, pajamas, read books, put kids to bed
7:00-7:30/7:45 eat dinner with DH
7:45-9:45 clean up house, do dishes, prep lunches for the next day, begin dinner prep for next day take care of things around house (ie laundry-wash/fold, pay bills...)
9:45 shower
10:00 feed baby
10:30 bed

Whew! Just writing it all out exhausts me!

Quote:
This is so sad.

Huh? She nurses the baby three times a day - that's scheduled cuddle time. She spends an hour with the kids in the car every day - that's scheduled "talking about day" time. She reads the kids books. Does anyone actually schedule time to be playful with kids? Around here, it's spontaneous. I'm not going to schedule in a game of peek-a-boo with my toddler - but it happens at least once a day. I'm not going to schedule in "hug the preschooler" but I hug her several times a day. Question

boysrus

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 4:43 pm
7.15 - wake up, wake children up, help little kidds get dressed, dress myself
745 - breakfast, nurse baby
815 - get kids into their morning carpool
820-830 - blessed peace (including dressing and cuddling baby, adn clearing up from breakfast)
830 - 130 - working (we all have to earn money in life, dont we, sigh...)
145 - 345 - nurse baby, appointments at least twice a week bec BH lots of kids who need to see drs, dentists, orthodontists, ENT, therapist etc), or grocery shopping. If Im really lucky then I will use some of this time to start cooking supper while making phne calls with the phone balanced between ear and shoulder)
345 - 435 - carpools...
435 - 6 00 - nurse baby, help kids with homework, cook supper, get on a load of laundry if there is time...
6 - 7 - greet older kids and dh, serve supper, clear up from supper, chat to children
7 - 8.15 - put laundry in dryer, bathe little kids, get thm into pajamas, story, cuddle, bed, nurse baby again
815 - 10.00, - fold laundry, prepare lunches, talk to husband, make phone calls, help big kids with homework, cook for shabbos
10 --10.30 - nurse baby, put him to bed,
1030 - 12.00 midnight - general pick up and clean up, write mitzva notes, prepare for tomorrows work..
what did I miss out?

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 4:47 pm
8:00 wake up,get toddler bottle
8:30 get dressed and get toddler dressed
9:15 get toddler to Morah (takes forever)
930-10- commute to work
10-330- by work
330-4-commute home
4- pick up toddler
415- park,shlep baby in feed him
430-6 play with toddler,prep supper on a nice day take him to park/pizza store or grocery shopping. sometimes a neighbor will come by for playdate
6-7 toddler eats,gets ready for bed and every other night has a bath
7-730 toddler goes to sleep while I cleanup
730 husband gets home, eats supper
730-10- talk to husband, chill, shop online, watch shows etc
10- take a shower
11-1230 bed

except now that I am pg the whole 415- end of day consists of toddler watching sesame street, eating cereal while I lie in bed trying not to hurl Sad
really hope I can get back to my old self soon

Frumdoc

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 6:08 pm
I notice none of you have scheduled in
bowel movements,
make up or hair covering,
imamother time,
phone shmoozing,
personal hair removal,
putting on jewellery,
bedikas/ tampon changes/ period management,
head scratching,
searching for gray hairs,
checking you dh for gray hairs,
drinking 8 cups of water,
worrying,
telling yourself you are good enough even if you feel like a disaster,
wondering how to lose weight,
thinking you should be saying tehillim rather than worrying about weight or meal planing or manicures,
hoping not to bump into Mrs Nosy or Mrs Judgemental,
and counting how many days until the next chag..........

...But I'm sure they factor in there somehow ;-)

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 6:14 pm
7-9am : wake up (depends at what time baby and toddler wake up), nurse baby, get dressed, apply make up, get them dressed
9.30am : breakfast for toddler and me
10am : take care of the house, pick up toys, make laundry, prepare lunch for toddler and me
11.30am : we leave to take the bus and go to shul
12am : we come in shul, I give a shiur and talk to the women of the community, we have lunch there
2pm : we go to the park if the weather is good. Baby naps in the stroller.
4pm : we come back home. Toddler has a snack and a nap. I either nap if baby is also sleeping or take care of the house or prepare shiur
6-7pm : bath for toddler and baby, pajamas for everyone, and cook the (very easy) meal
7.30-8pm : husband comes home, we have dinner
9pm : laundry, clean up, put baby to bed
11pm : toddler has played and is now enough tired to sleep... Put toddler to bed
11.30pm : shower and finally in bed!!!

Barbara

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 6:37 pm
Sadie wrote:

Ha!

Just you wait. You'll have teens one of these days as well.

Lani22

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 6:38 pm
imaima wrote:
I think amother sounds amazing, very organized. I am in awe. It would be really weird if she had to *schedule* cuddling time with the baby.
I had the same reaction....I thought wow this woman really has it together. Sounds like a very organized mother/wife her family is so lucky...

zaq

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 6:44 pm
Frumdoc wrote:
I notice none of you have scheduled in
bowel movements,
make up or hair covering,
imamother time,
phone shmoozing,
personal hair removal,
putting on jewellery,
bedikas/ tampon changes/ period management,
head scratching,
searching for gray hairs,
checking you dh for gray hairs,
drinking 8 cups of water,
worrying,
telling yourself you are good enough even if you feel like a disaster,
wondering how to lose weight,
thinking you should be saying tehillim rather than worrying about weight or meal planing or manicures,
hoping not to bump into Mrs Nosy or Mrs Judgemental,
and counting how many days until the next chag..........

...But I'm sure they factor in there somehow ;-)

Thanks for the laugh!

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 6:52 pm
I'm a SAHM and have two kids BH - two toddlers (not twins)

8:30 am - wake up, give kids a light breakfast, dress them
9 am - dh takes ds (almost 3 years old) to playgroup while I stay home with dd (13 months)
9-10:30 am - dd plays with toys, eats a bigger breakfast, hangs out with me while I get dressed, daven, eat breakfast
10:30 - 12 pm - if it's nice weather (which it often is where I live), we go out for a walk, go to the park, run some errands (go to the bank, grocery shopping, etc.)
12 pm - 1 pm - get back home, read dd a book or do an activity together like dancing to music or building blocks, and prepare lunch
1:30 pm - dh comes home for lunch and picks up ds on the way. We eat lunch, the kids play a bit, dh goes back to work.
2 - 4:30 pm - kids nap. I usually nap, do some cleaning, daven, browse the internet, pay bills...
4:30 pm - 6:30 pm - kids eat a snack, we play, read a story, go out to the park if it's nice weather
6:30 - 7 pm - prepare dinner
7:30 pm - dh comes home and we all eat dinner together.
7:30 - 8:30 pm - dh bonds with kids while I clear up the table, one of us gives them a shower, and bedtime for the kids
8:30 pm - 10:30 pm - spend time with dh, clean the house, do dishes, fold laundry, exercise, go on the computer, prepare tomorrow's lunch for ds, breakfast for dh (he takes it on the go), and I write tomorrow's to-do list.
11 - 12 pm - I aim to shower and sleep at this time, but that doesn't always happen. It's often closer to 2 am... I also work very part time for a yeshiva and do some editing/graphic design for them twice a week. It usually takes me around 2 hours, so I do it during the night hours. I like to read a book in bed until I fall asleep Smile

I love my schedule (other than wanting to have more davening and shiur listening time...)

Sadie

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 6:55 pm
Barbara wrote:
Just you wait. You'll have teens one of these days as well.

Sounds like what my mom said to me when I was a surly teen...

"One day you'll have kids... and I hope they'll be just like you!"

zaq

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 6:57 pm
Frumdoc wrote:
I figured those things just happened along with all the practical stuff, I don't schedule in my affection, it just comes naturally as the day goes. Shmoozing, playing, snugglings etc.

Do you schedule in how many times you tell your kids you love them or listen to their chat, or is it embedded in your every interaction?

So I think you're making assumptions that are purely projection.

Hear, hear! You will observe that none of the responders scheduled breathing, either. I'm fairly certain they do, though.

zaq

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 7:03 pm
heidi wrote:
This is so sad.

Ahem...nobody wrote "tie my shoelaces, button my shirt" either. It's sort of taken for granted that these things are getting done and don't have to be mentioned. Do you actually kiss your baby on a schedule? I am deeply sorry for both you and your baby.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 7:05 pm
7:00 get up and help get kids ready (dh takes the lead in the am),
Sometimes put up dinner in crock pot
8:00 dh takes kids to bus stops, get ready for work
8:30 leave
9:00-3:30 work
4:00 get kids from bus stops, maybe take to the park if it's nice or start hw
5:00 older kid gets home
5:30 dinner
6:00 older kid starts hw, bathe younger kids and wind them down for bed
7:30 younger kids go to sleep, help older kid w hw, clean up from dinner
8-9:00 dh gets home, says good night to younger kids if still up, eats dinner, spend time w older kid
9:00 older kid bedtime, now time to relax: work out, watch TV, read, clean up and of I'm ambitious bake or cook Wink
anywhwre from 10-12 shower and get ready for bed
Hope for no insomnia

No need to add that there's plenty of quality time, cuddles and conversation integrated throughout the day!
It seems that my day is somewhat more relaxed which I attribute to 1/ older kids and 2/ very involved dh (no assumptions about anyone else's just that mine is super helpful).
My difficulty is always scheduling appointments and running errands so one day a week they have a babysitter after school and I try to fit everything in then.

Frumdoc

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 7:14 pm
zaq wrote:
Hear, hear! You will observe that none of the responders scheduled breathing, either. I'm fairly certain they do, though.

Or sneezing, coughing, eyelash removal, washing hands, sighing, stretching, eye rolling, bra strap adjusting, shoelace tying, eyebrow lifting.....the list goes on and on.....

miracleshappen

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 7:18 pm
I'm so inspired by the fact that so many of you with little kids make time to daven. Kol hakavod! I find when I'm pressed for time that's the first thing to go Sad

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 9:20 pm
I don't work everyday so I have two schedules.

Workday:
630- wake up, get dressed, dress toddler, make lunches, breakfast, daven
8:30- drop off toddler at babysitter
845-10- commute to work
10-6- work
6-715 commute home
720- pick up toddler
730-830 dinner, bath, bedtime
830-11 cleanup, relax, spend time with dh
Go to sleep anytime from 11-12

Non workday:
630- wake up, get dressed, dress toddler, breakfast, daven
9- drop off toddler at playgroup
915-1:45- study, errands, housework
2- pick up toddler from playgroup
215-3:45 toddler naps, I eat lunch and either study, cleanup or sometimes take a nap
3:45-4 toddler has a snack
4-5:30 we usually go out- park, library, play date, etc
5:30-6:30- playtime, bath time, I make dinner
6:30-7:30 dinnertime, storytime, bedtime
730-11- spend time with dh, relax, cleanup
Go to sleep sometime between 11-12

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 9:34 pm
zaq wrote:

And not a single one mentioned scheduling their own bathroom breaks.

I won't share my days, I'm long past the work, kids, carpool life. Ima's would schedule tracking me down and stoning me for my indolence.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics