Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Lakewood developements

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 8:55 pm
I recently moved to lakewood. can someone help me find a map with all names of developements? I am so confused bec of names of developements and names of streets. I saw the map on lakewood directory but it doesnt have much. its just a few. can someone tell me if theres a better one? I would love to know where westgate is. is it a developement? how about chesterfield? I am so confused. I would love to get to know the basics. accept the obvious when I am in a car. can someone list the names of the developements? I guess if you can tell me what streets they are on would help me tremendously

summer0808

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 9:15 pm
There's a long list!

Westgate is the largest by far. It has townhouses with basements and apartment houses with large & 2 floor apts with private entrances. Location Western end. Central Ave & New Central Ave are the entrances.

Many down Route 9 past the hospital. All townhouse developments with basement apts.

Sterling Place
Sterling Forest
High Street
Chateau Park
Presidential Estates
Shayas Road
Chesterfield

Forest Park is on Pine Street (off Route 9 north of the hospital)

Prospect Park on Prospect street (Prospect is the street leading from Route 9 at the hospital. There's a new one being built further down Prospect, not sure of the name.

East County Line Area
Whispering Pines (Squankum & W Kennedy a block off County Line)
The Villas (private houses close together has many basements)
Village Park (Somerset & County Line) townhouses
Brook Hill (also private houses)

There are many more smaller ones!

If you're thinking of other ones ask & I'll figure out where it is!

LiLIsraeli

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 9:36 pm
I'm living in Lakewood a few years already and I still don't know all of them! It's confusing. Every time they build 3 new duplexes, they call it a "development."

The Lakewood directory does have all the developments, the map is spread out over a few pages. More importantly, it has a list of different streets and in which neighborhoods they are located. Google Maps is also very helpful!

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 9:41 pm
thanks a ton summer! oh how confusing. I guess I will look at lakewood directory and see what that can give me. I wouldnt throw in the towel yet as the other poster was saying its confusing. but maybe someone in lakewood would be willing to make a clear good map . its hard to see anything on the lakewood directory meaning the names of streets

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 9:42 pm
whats the difference between duplex and townhouse?

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 9:54 pm
when I first moved here I found the lakewood directory very, very helpful. I still use it when I hear of a street or development that I never heard of .... 10 yrs later.

mommyla

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 10:02 pm
amother wrote:
whats the difference between duplex and townhouse?

A duplex is semi-detached, I.e. two houses "stuck together" (sharing one wall). Townhouses are a row of homes all attached except for the two end units, which are attached on one side each.

There are loads of developments, I've been here for years and every time I think I know where everything is (and I do know my way around very well), a new place springs up. There are tons of new neighborhoods appearing every day. The Lakewood directory is the most comprehensive, and I remember getting a larger map years ago but I can't remember where I got it. Maybe ask the Judaica stores? It may have even been from Four Corners (the bagel place).

If you need help finding specific places, I can help, but to make one map or list is a huge task. It takes time to figure everything out. Good luck!

UQT

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 10:20 pm
Don't look at the map, look at the 'where oh where' pages it lists it by street name.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics