Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Need your advice on Pony Sheitel

heimishmom

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 8:55 am
Im looking to buy a nice cute Pony Sheitel,
Please send me your advice and exerience which ones are really nice
And what pricing?
Also who styles them nice ?
(do pony's need expertise cut ?)

bookie

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 11:04 am
heimishmom wrote:
Im looking to buy a nice cute Pony Sheitel,
Please send me your advice and exerience which ones are really nice
And what pricing?
Also who styles them nice ?
(do pony's need expertise cut ?)

I have a blush pony. I wear it down though. It's over two years old and I am really happy with it. I always get complimented on it. It cost me eight fifty I think. I use Marta in Flatbush not sure where you are located.

heimishmom

Post Thu, Apr 23 2015, 1:22 pm
Im in BP

Chickpea

Post Thu, Apr 23 2015, 1:36 pm
bookie wrote:
I have a blush pony. I wear it down though. It's over two years old and I am really happy with it. I always get complimented on it. It cost me eight fifty I think. I use Marta in Flatbush not sure where you are located.

Where is Marta located? Does she also cut? Do you have her contact number?
Thanks.

bookie

Post Thu, Apr 23 2015, 4:58 pm
Marta is in Flatbush lower numbers near Avenue L. Her number is 718-951-8142. She cuts very well. I got a lot of compliments on both of my sheitels that she cut. She also works somewhere in Boro Park. She does a lot of wig repair.

Chickpea

Post Thu, Apr 23 2015, 7:42 pm
bookie wrote:
Marta is in Flatbush lower numbers near Avenue L. Her number is 718-951-8142. She cuts very well. I got a lot of compliments on both of my sheitels that she cut. She also works somewhere in Boro Park. She does a lot of wig repair.

There is a lady named Marta that does wig repair at Tori Wigs. Is she the same person?

bookie

Post Thu, Apr 23 2015, 8:23 pm
Chickpea wrote:
There is a lady named Marta that does wig repair at Tori Wigs. Is she the same person?

very possibly. I know she does wig repair in Boro Park

Chickpea

Post Thu, Apr 23 2015, 9:13 pm
bookie wrote:
very possibly. I know she does wig repair in Boro Park

Thanks. I'm going to check it out. If she is the same Marta, then all I can say is that she does impecable work with wig repairs/alterations. Didn't know that she cuts hair, assuming of course that it's her.

SingALong

Post Thu, Apr 23 2015, 9:32 pm
I got a regular Shevy and just put clips in the back and cut it into a pony style. I only wear it as a pony, I never wear it down. The way it's cut I can only do pony, nothing else.

I looked into cheaper pony wigs but I was afraid the hair wouldn't last well. I've had this pony wig for 8 years now, only dyed it a couple of times, and added some hair in the front after 6 years so I think it was worth every penny!

I'd look into getting a wig with good quality hair and a super comfortable net. Maybe an Irene? I hear their pricing is great and I've seen them they look good.

heimishmom

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 10:26 pm
Local sheitel Macher, was surprised that I wanted to start wearing a pony she claims if my DH wears shtreimel I shouldnt be wearing Pony.. is that so ? I think my men with shtreimels have wives with Pony's
Can someone relate to what she means ?

out-of-towner

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 11:26 pm
Depends on your community standards. I think people tend to equate Shtreimel with short and/or covered Sheitels. However, there is a large variety in Chassidim that wear Shtreimels and not all of them require a woman to wear a short and/or covered sheitel.

My husband wears a Shtreimel and I would consider wearing a pony wig, but then again my and my husband aren't your typical Chassidish couple and we don't live in a predominately Chassidic community.

heimishmom

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 6:24 pm
I did ask around I live in Boro Park I heard mixed answers
But im going ahead to buy one especially that DH is rthe one that wants me to buy it
I get the feeling that hes gonna enjoy the idea of a shtreimel with a pony ... its a cool idea ! And many men like being cool
Now I need advice what can I buy for 1000 or less thats really beautiful and naural looking
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels