Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Babysitter and playgroup morah

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 6:41 pm
I have a 2.5 yr/old in a playgroup (5-6 kids) and my young baby with a babysitter. I've known them approximately the same amount of time over 2 yrs, I've become friends w/the playgroup morah since she and I used to use the same babysitter--both are Jewish. This year I've been having my babysitter, who herself can be a bit quirky sometimes, but I'm used to it, pickup from the playgroup and I've gathered from reports from both of them, that they don't exactly see eye-to-eye on things, I've done my best to mediate between the two. Last year the playgroup morah was much more official, but this year due a series of unfortunate events its gotten more heimish--long story that doesn't belong here, but nevertheless me and the other parents have trusted her.
Today my babysitter saw the playgroup in the park and saw the playgroup morah texting--for all I know it could've been to another parent, but according to my babysitter it was "the whole time". The park is rather enclosed and her son is in the group too and most of these kids have been together for the past 2 years, so I do trust her sense of safety and that she knows her customers--and which ones could potentially be "runners" . I know she probably shouldn't have been texting, I've done the same thing with my own kids at this park (it's pretty small and you can see everything from most vantage points) and probably should just needs a reminder--especially since I've been recommending her to other people for next year. My babysitter and play group morah apparently saw each other and my babysitter asked me not to say it was her who said it. So while I want to tell my friend (playgroup morah) to please be more careful, how do I not offend her and not breach my babysitter's trust (b/c how else would I know about this?). Also, trying to be mindful of hilchos lashon hara here that according to hilchos toeles the person informing can't be an "enemy". I'm trying to be choshesh, but not be mekabel. Any advice?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette