Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
9 month old doesn't want to nap or sleep

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 10:38 am
My nine month old doesn't want to nap, then falls asleep around 6 pm is waking up at least once or more a night and between 4-5 am is up to eat then back down for an hour or two. She used to sleep through the night starting at 2 months until around 7. We are in a one bedroom so letting her cry it out isn't really an option and I don't want to do that. My dh gets annoying if I snuggle her back to sleep because she makes kvetch noises because she just wants to nurse so it will take around 30-40 minutes to get her back to sleep if I don't. It would be much easier if he would help at night. He will help maybe once a week and after two or three minutes tells me to take over because he's too tired. I work also! I get it he's tire, but I can't help but feel like if he would take over for two or three night she would stop. Sorry this has turned into a vent, but I really need some help.

AlwaysThinking

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 10:44 am
Could baby be overtired, therefore not sleeping well?

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 10:47 am
Absolutely but she won't nap during the day so its a vicious cycle

AlwaysThinking

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 10:53 am
How long after she wakes up do you put her down to nap? I found with my baby that he napped and slept best if I put him down before he seemed at all tired. Seems opposite of logic, but it worked. Here's a good link with recommended wake times:

http://www.mybabysleepguide.co......html
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics