Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Stroller question for petite mommies
Previous  1  2

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 3:06 am
wiki wrote:
Consider a stroller where the adjustable handlebar is not telescoping, but rotates downward. The City Versa had that feature, but I think it's not on the market anymore...

I had one like this with my first 2 kids, It was a Graco (not fancy, but very functional and not expensive).

It worked well for both me (5'2") and my DH (6'4").

Here is a picture of a similar model (ours wasn't quite this ugly...):
http://www.gracobaby.com/produ......aspx

Iymnok

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 3:15 am
I have the mountain buggy swift. I love it. It's easy to push and really strong. You can get a bassinet separately. Whenever I don't need the hood I push it back to see my child. I'm 5'1. I like to adjust the handle according to the incline I'm on. It goes low enough that my three year old can push it. (Empty or "helping" me)

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 8:23 am
[quote="amother"]I had one like this with my first 2 kids, It was a Graco (not fancy, but very functional and not expensive).

It worked well for both me (5'2") and my DH (6'4").

Here is a picture of a similar model (ours wasn't quite this ugly...):
http://www.gracobaby.com/produ.....quote

I have had 2 or 3 graco strollers over the years, they were good, but not as good as my mountain buggys. Maybe, things have changed by graco since I last got one of their strollers, I will check it out in a store. thanks.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 8:27 am
Iymnok wrote:
I have the mountain buggy swift. I love it. It's easy to push and really strong. You can get a bassinet separately. Whenever I don't need the hood I push it back to see my child. I'm 5'1. I like to adjust the handle according to the incline I'm on. It goes low enough that my three year old can push it. (Empty or "helping" me)

Thanks! I have a mountain buggy that I bought probably 8/6 years ago, can't remember for which kid, it was great, I am not sure where it is now, we may have given it away or its hiding somewhere around in storage Rolling Eyes I will get the older kids to look for it, maybe its still in good condition, somewhere.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 8:30 am
cfx wrote:
don't be shy - pick up the phone and call any online baby store. most give discounts over the phone. it's worth a try and you'll usually save about 10% which is $$ when you are looking to buy a bugaboo.

speaking from experience here:) if u go into a local store in ny, they'll make u pay sales tax as well. make sure you don't

Interesting! Do you have a place you recommend to call?

I have also been checking ebay, craigs list, but nothing that I found so far.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 9:07 am
Stroller depot is good about giving discounts over the phone

wiki

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 9:07 am
cfx wrote:
speaking from experience here:) if u go into a local store in ny, they'll make u pay sales tax as well. make sure you don't

I don't mean to hijack the thread here, but seriously? shock
The law requires stores to collect sales taxes. Trying to avoid following the law is a terrible idea.

Classicookie

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 9:11 am
I am about the same hight a bit taller and I have the peg prago book plus adjustable Handel reversible pushes well

Tekky

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 9:22 am
for your info - a lot of stores online will actually pay your sales tax for you! if you can have the store pay it for you, why in the world would you want to go to a store and pay an extra $50 or so?!

try pishposhbaby.

Stars

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 9:27 am
Another vote for the Bugaboo Bee. Sounds like it fits all your requirements. I have the quest too and find it too high for my height and too hard to push.

Leahh

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 9:38 am
wiki wrote:
I don't mean to hijack the thread here, but seriously? shock
The law requires stores to collect sales taxes. Trying to avoid following the law is a terrible idea.

Stores shipping out of state are not required to collect sales tax by law. So ordering online from an out of state seller without paying tax is perfectly legal and if it saves you a couple of dollars then why not?

Iymnok

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 9:47 am
amother wrote:
Thanks! I have a mountain buggy that I bought probably 8/6 years ago, can't remember for which kid, it was great, I am not sure where it is now, we may have given it away or its hiding somewhere around in storage Rolling Eyes I will get the older kids to look for it, maybe its still in good condition, somewhere.

That's the old model, it's huge! The new one is a lot smaller.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 10:54 am
mom2zahava wrote:
I am about the same hight a bit taller and I have the peg prago book plus adjustable Handel reversible pushes well

checking thisout, I like it. thanks! but it seems relatively new, not seeing too many reviews. you find pushing it ok, not just on regular sidewalks, but bumpy terrain as well?

cfriedman2

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 12:15 pm
the camelon 3 is on gilt right now for $647 great price!! go get it!

http://www.gilt.com/sale/child.....oller

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 1:17 pm
I can't believe no one yet mentioned the mamas and papas armadillo flip. It meets like every requirement! $500 and looks great, super super light.

Classicookie

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 1:54 pm
amother wrote:
checking thisout, I like it. thanks! but it seems relatively new, not seeing too many reviews. you find pushing it ok, not just on regular sidewalks, but bumpy terrain as well?

It pushes so well was even surprised what it can do by snow patches it lays flat for newborns I am really happy with it

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 2:03 pm
mom2zahava wrote:
It pushes so well was even surprised what it can do by snow patches it lays flat for newborns I am really happy with it

Did you get the bassinet also?

tymama

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 4:56 pm
I'm 5ft and have the uppababy vista. The handle bars go up and down. Both my husband and I find it very easy and comfortable to push.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 6:09 pm
cfriedman2 wrote:
the camelon 3 is on gilt right now for $647 great price!! go get it!

http://www.gilt.com/sale/child.....oller

for some reason I didn't see this till now, I hope they still have it...

ETA, I didn't make it , it was dinner time, then bath time, then bedtime, and by the time I could get back to computer, they were gone Sad

thank you though
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics