Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
ISO Nice Costume Jewelry

SmartWife

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 11:01 am
Where can I find nice costume jewelry that looks real in the Brooklyn or Queens area?
Looking for nice pieces that can be worn on Shabbos and to simchas.
Im really not looking to spend much though, around $50 for a pair of earrings. Is there such a place?

Kitten

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 11:40 am
Getting something online might be cheaper and you'll find a huge selection.

Amarante

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 11:50 am
EBAY is a great place to get costume jewelry.

I collect vintage costume jewelry as a hobby and I got a lot of stuff on the internet. I also had fun at flea markets that are held on Sunday. I love fleas and second hand stores - it's in my blood as my Bubbe used to take me and I remember her hondeling with masterful skills. Very Happy

There is some amazing old costume jewelry. Many skilled jewelry makers fled Europe before WW II and brought their skills but worked in costume jewelry instead of real stones and gold but the workmanship and design is exquisite.

kiwi strawberry

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 12:07 pm
You can get sterling silver earrings for $50. Most accessory stores like those that sell tights and tichels and such sell jewelry-and most of them have costume jewelry too. The Sock Exchange, Double Header, Leggacy, Jamie's wig supplies, to name a few. Are you looking for a brick and mortar store or online? What area are you interested in looking?

Grandma 1

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 12:08 pm
I know that you said Brooklyn or Queens, but if you're able to get to Manhattan, department stores usually have a nice selection. I have had success, in Lord and Taylor, and Macy's. You might find something in their branches in the outer boroughs, but the Manhattan locations have a much bigger selection. Nordstrom is another good source, you might check out. You could also look at their websites, to see what they have online. Just dawned on me also, that you might find what you're looking for in Swarovski stores located in some malls.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 12:09 pm
Bluebell Wholesale has gorgeous jewelry. Search for "CZ earrings". You don't need a tax ID to buy from them, and shipping and customer service is excellent.

SmartWife

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 10:15 pm
Thanks for your replies! I'm looking for an actual store, not a website, so I can see their selection. Any such stores in the area?

kiwi strawberry

Post Fri, May 01 2015, 12:19 am
The stores I mentioned in my post above are all in Brooklyn.

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 01 2015, 12:22 am
The Sock Exchange

SmartWife

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 10:37 pm
Bump

geshmak

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 10:40 pm
There is a new store on 13th Ave between 48-49th Streets. I believe it is called Tip Top,
I heard that they have nice costume jewelry. Good luck.

Mevater

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 10:52 pm
For the biggest selection of every day costume jewelry (where many of the the stores buy, the prices are a fraction of the local stores), take a walk on Broadway around 30 to 33rd street and off Broadway on the side streets too, theres one store after another of costume jewelry, every color shape and style you can imagine, and most of them sell retail (one piece at a time).

If you're looking more for imitation diamonds (dressy), overstock.com is super. If you don't like it, you return.

Hydrangea

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 10:57 pm
Perfect Settings on New Utrecht has a really nice selection. You can also try Double Header.

Fabulous

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 11:02 pm
There is a store on 13 and 50 that has great pieces. I got a pair of earrings there for 30 something that I get a ton of compliments on

fluffernutter

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 3:19 am
I don't know if her stuff is considered costume jewelry, but I think it is - Dasi Brown lives in Brooklyn and sells jewelry. Nice stuff. PM me for her info and I'll try to find it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries