Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Fish stores in lakewood?

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 4:08 pm
I live close to harmony park/belz can someone post the fish stores in that area? I actually went to a fish store located by 2nd street and they were closed. I dont want to get it by the coop. is there only one fish store in lakewood? please post names and phone numb or add so I can look up. (btw I looked in lakewood directory and they dont put anything under fish, not in white or yellow section. I dont know what is going on with the book.)

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 4:14 pm
There's a fish store in Todd Plaza on Rt. 9. 1091 River Avenue.

Other than that, there is The Fishing Line which has a store in Howell, in the Grebow Center, but that is very far from where you live. They also have branches inside NPGS James and NPGS Jackson.

ETA: Most people tend to shop in one-stop supermarkets - not run around to fish stores and butcher stores and bakeries when you can get it all in the supermarket.

Last edited by LiLIsraeli on Thu, Apr 30 2015, 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 4:15 pm
how come I just checked the lakewood directory and there is nothing listed? where do pp turn to when they need info? I guess neighbors but why do I have to ask neighbors eth? the book is such a mess. and grocery stores is under foo? why not g by grocery? whoever did this book should seriously rethink it. if they want more advertisement they need to shape up.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 4:16 pm
thanks lil isreali- so where do you pickup information from? I guess imamother is a great place.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 4:18 pm
[quote="LiLIsraeli"]There's a fish store in Todd Plaza on Rt. 9. 1091 River Avenue.

Other than that, there is The Fishing Line which has a store in Howell, in the Grebow Center, but that is very far from where you live. They also have branches inside NPGS James and NPGS Jackson.

ETA: Most people tend to shop in one-stop supermarkets - not run around to fish stores and butcher stores and bakeries when you can get it all in the supermarket.[/quote]

I already tried that and I wasnt able to get what I had specifically wanted. in the coop they had but not what I was looking for. whats the name of the fish store in todd plaza?

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 4:20 pm
I think I know what the name is 'fish on river'? the fishing line delivers so thats what I did this time. I will go to this one as I like to see the place before I buy and if I like what the place looks like and the service I
order there every week

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 4:21 pm
It's called exploring. Get out there and drive around. The store is pretty new, I think it's called Fish on River. It opened only a few months ago. Do you have the most recent edition of the directory?

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 4:22 pm
Phone number 732-942-FISH

http://ink361.com/app/users/ig.....hotos

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 4:23 pm
I bought it and misplaced it but I can get the directory online. can you guide me in how to use the book? its so hard to find stuff there.

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 4:26 pm
Not sure why it's so difficult!

You go to lakewooddirectory.com.

From the row of buttons on top choose business listings or residential listings.

If you choose business (yellow), an index comes up. Read through it until you find the one you want. Click on it. Read the listings.

Voila!

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 4:58 pm
I use fish on river. They are by Todd Plaza. The store is spotless and they have good prices with quick delivery.

mom2be1

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 7:09 pm
Fish4less delivers

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 7:19 pm
The one in Todd plaza is the best one I ever went to anywhere
It even surpasses Ossis in BP

zohar

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 7:20 pm
Make sure you have the Cheder directory. The other one does not have a yellow pages.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 10:39 pm
amother wrote:
how come I just checked the lakewood directory and there is nothing listed? where do pp turn to when they need info? I guess neighbors but why do I have to ask neighbors eth? the book is such a mess. and grocery stores is under foo? why not g by grocery? whoever did this book should seriously rethink it. if they want more advertisement they need to shape up.

seriously... give me a royal break!!!! you moved out here to Lakewood for the many benefits yet still feel the need to criticize Rolling Eyes

welcome to our beautiful city! in 2015 please feel free to use the internet and/or peruse the multiple publications delivered right to your door. we are happy to help you, but seriously drop the expectations of entitlement.

sky

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 11:09 pm
I get from the fishing line many times.
They also sell in the coops. The fish from the store itself is a bit better.
They do deliver and have fantastic ideas and advice.

I sometimes order from Salmon 4 less. there is less flexibility in what you can order and I don't like their bait and switch advertising (if that is the correct term). I use them when I need very large orders.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 11:30 pm
[quote="amother"]seriously... give me a royal break!!!! you moved out here to Lakewood for the many benefits yet still feel the need to criticize :roll:

welcome to our beautiful city! in 2015 please feel free to use the internet and/or peruse the multiple publications delivered right to your door. we are happy to help you, but seriously drop the expectations of entitlement.[/quote]

op here.why are you so upset? are you the one putting to gether the directory? if so I am not the only one frustrated. fix it like the the jewish business directory. ah then you will understand my frustration. it isnt personal I didnt intend that to be. sorry if I was. I do think tho that its very messed up and alot of work needs to go in to shape it up. when I go to f for fish there isnt a single store listed. I think you will agree thats quite odd for a directory.

debsey

Post Fri, May 01 2015, 12:45 am
amother wrote:
op here.why are you so upset? are you the one putting to gether the directory? if so I am not the only one frustrated. fix it like the the jewish business directory. ah then you will understand my frustration. it isnt personal I didnt intend that to be. sorry if I was. I do think tho that its very messed up and alot of work needs to go in to shape it up. when I go to f for fish there isnt a single store listed. I think you will agree thats quite odd for a directory.

You're used to a different format because you're from a different town. Get the Cheder Directory, which is what the natives use, and you'll be just fine. It's very self-explanatory.
I second the recommendation for Fish On River. They are clean, fresh, and have a great selection. BUT, I also agree that like most people, I tend to buy my fish along with all my groceries in the kosher supermarkets because it's convenient. If I want seabass or fresh tuna steaks, I might go to the fish store for the best selection.

debsey

Post Fri, May 01 2015, 1:03 am
and, by the way - welcome to Lakewood!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics