Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Post your best applesauce-instead-of-oil recipe!

allthingsblue

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 8:10 am
ISO ideas of baked goods (cookies and cakes) using applesauce instead of oil. Please post your tried and true recipes.
Thanks

allthingsblue

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 12:50 pm
Bump

Amarante

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 1:07 pm
Does it have to be completely oil free or can it be with applesauce replacing a lot of the oil. I think some people decided that the best result was a compromise :-)

My mother used to make a delicious cake using pureed prunes instead of fat but I don't know if I have that recipe.

The Happy Wife

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 1:44 pm
I just substitute with a regular recipe. I've never tried with cookies, and I'm not sure it would turn out well.
I have successfully swapped applesauce for oil in muffins and cakes just use the same amount called for in recipe.

zaq

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 3:09 pm
You don't need a special recipe; simply sub applesauce for oil in any recipe. Baked goods with zero fat tend to be rubbery, so subbing about 3/4 volume applesauce and using 1/4 volume oil works best. I would try this only for batter-type recipes, IOW cakes and muffins, not rolled or yeast-risen doughs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins