Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Where did you take your five hour class

behappyeveryday

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 5:04 pm
Before you can schedule a road test you need to take a five hr class. I live in monsey and would like to go to a place that will let me go home early, no patience to sit for 5 hrs. I'd like to know my options. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

LittleDucky

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 7:08 pm
behappyeveryday wrote:
Before you can schedule a road test you need to take a five hr class. I live in monsey and would like to go to a place that will let me go home early, no patience to sit for 5 hrs. I'd like to know my options. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry but there is a reason the class is that long. If you don't have patience to sit for the class who is to say you will have patience to sit through a red light? Traffic? You could be like the guy who blew through a stop sign the other day and almost t-boned me.

behappyeveryday

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 7:15 pm
Well I wouldn't hurt a fly. And ill assume that you don't drive bc all the ppl I know told me that they didn't sit more than two hrs or some didn't sit at all.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 8:49 pm
I went to Beep Beep in boro park. They said the first thing people ask if it's really 5 hours. It's actually about 2, but that's them.

LiLIsraeli

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 9:14 pm
behappyeveryday wrote:
Well I wouldn't hurt a fly. And ill assume that you don't drive bc all the ppl I know told me that they didn't sit more than two hrs or some didn't sit at all.

Honestly it doesn't matter if you wouldn't hurt a fly. When you're driving a car, you are controlling a potentially lethal weapon. You need to learn the rules properly so that you don't cause a collision, even accidentally. It's not a wise choice to take shortcuts in this area.

Sherri

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 9:30 pm
behappyeveryday wrote:
I do drive, and I actually sat through classes that were more than five hours.

And a car is like a loaded bullet. Mishandling it can kill a person even if you wouldn't hurt a fly.

kb

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 10:01 pm
I don't think the 5 hour class is 5 hours to test your patience in traffic and red lights. It's supposed to be 5 hours to cover a certain amount of material. If someone can teach it faster, then great. And if it needs to take that instructor longer, also fine (though I wouldn't be happy if I were there!)

I don't have anything to compare it to, but I found the 2.5 hour 5 hour class I went to to be very thorough and didn't feel like there would have been a reason to take any longer.

LittleDucky

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 10:47 pm
behappyeveryday wrote:

I have been driving for years actually. And a car is deadly. I know too many people hurt or killed because someone didn't know the rules of the road, didn't have patience etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries