Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
What should I say to my daughter?
Previous  1  2

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 4:20 am
How about just saying "I never comment on your weight. I wanted to be helpfull since you announced that you want to diet.
"I can not tolerate such a tone, comment"
Try not to take it too hard. She is just testing her boundries.... :-)

SRS

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 8:11 am
OP, I'd willing to bet that if this parenting class is being thrown in your face, you are not alone. Why don't you pen a letter to the school letting them of your experience with the class. I really see little purpose in teaching a parenting class to non-parents because they have no context. Unless these are teenage mothers, which I doubt, I don't see why the class is relevant to them and why parents paying private school tuition would want this class. Parenting has many theories and many styles and there are many resources, books, and classes available when relevant.

Greta

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 3:52 pm
You know what bothers me about this whole conversation,we as mothers are deathly afraid of our kids!if you have a good relationship with your daughter and you don't always nag her about her weight,it's ok to slip!she will still love you( in a few days though)and you will probably slip up again!the main thing is to have a open and honest and good relationship with her!she knows you care about her!and be a good health example!Talking from experience here!good luck!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics