Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Great toys out there now?

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 11:05 pm
My son is becoming upsherined and relatives are asking me what to get him. He has the manga tiles and the playstix. I would love something for shabbos but what are the new great games out there? He has a twin sister too and I know Brooklyn is usually the first in getting all the newest and latest great toys. Any suggestions? We have so much Lego plus he isn't old enuf to appreciate that yet

12rivkyk34

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 11:28 pm
I love toys so here are some suggestions...
There are wooden toys that have everything to set a shabbos table- becher, challah tray, candle sticks, bowls, plate , chicken...very cute & age appropriate. Company is KidsKraft.
My son got a Little Tikes basketball net- not for shabbos but he plays with it until today all the time.
Thomas the train sets are quite costly and fun if your son is the type to enjoy it, there are different kind of tracks & bridges etc to keep kids entertained for hours.
Playmobil keeps boys of all ages busy for hours- some nice sets are the building set, the police set, circus set, airport...so many options & you can add onto it forever. I find it better then lego as the pieces are more detailed and there's no need to build the set each time.
We got a child size tallis for my son's upsherin- not expensive but was by far his most treasured present Smile
We also got some nice books like R' Juravel Parsha books & Know Navi that are expensive and we continue to use all the time.
Mazal Tov & Enjoy watching your little boy grow up!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children