Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Coffee greek yogurt

iamamother

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 12:06 am
I have a bunch of coffee flavored greek yogurts that are going to expire... anyone have any recipes for some sort of frozen ice cream or popsicle... ?

iamamother

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 10:57 am
No one has any ideas?

Amarante

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 11:46 am
What about a cake. Many cakes use yogurt as an ingredient and cakes freeze well.

iamamother

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 11:54 am
do you have any recipes? I have never made any of those and the ones I have seen are usually with plain yogurt.

Amarante

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 11:58 am
I would use with a chocolate cake because a lot of my good chocolate recipes use coffee to enhance the flavor and mocha which is chocolate/coffee is a classic flavor. If you are interested in recipes, I can post for you.

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 12:02 pm
You can easily use the coffee flavored yogurt in many of the recipes
http://www.twopeasandtheirpod......ke/?m

http://foodviva.com/smoothie-r.....thie/

iamamother

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 12:02 pm
ya- I was thinking chocolate cake too... if you have any recipes that call for yogurt that would be great! thanks!

Iymnok

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 12:04 pm
Cut out some sugar since the yogurt is sweetened.

lkwdlady

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 12:05 pm
why not try cheese cake?? I heard that some recipes call for greek yogurt.

Amarante

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 12:22 pm
Here's a Bundt Cake using 1 1/2 cups yogurt. I think it would taste great with coffee yogurt. Bundt cakes generally freeze very well because they have such a dense moist crumb.

Since it's already a Dairy cake, I would use butter but I'm a butter baking snob Very Happy as I think butter cakes and cookies are the best.

I also have a recipe for the No Pudge Brownie Mix - that is made with just yogurt added to the mix and I would imagine coffee would work well.

Chocolate Yogurt Bundt Cake
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recipe By:

Summary:

Easy, inexpensive; moist chocolate bundt cake. You could add coconut, nuts, raisins, etc to jazz it up a little or put powdered sugar or a glaze on it after.

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon dutch process cocoa
2 cups flour
2⁄ 3 cup dutch process cocoa
1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
1⁄ 2 cup margarine, softened
1 1⁄2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 1⁄2 cups plain yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

Mix 1 Tbsp of flour with 1 tsp of coca and dist the inside of a greased 9 inch bundt or tube pan with this mixture, shaking out any excess.

Sift 2 C flour and 2/3 C of cocoa together with the baking soda , set aside.

In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar together.

Beat in the eggs, one at a time.

Add the flour mixture alternately with the yogurt in three parts.

Do not over mix. Stir in the vanilla.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in a 350 oven for 45-55 minutes, until a tester inserted comes out clean.

.Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a rack to cool completely -----.

Amarante

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 12:35 pm
I haven't made this recipe but it looks good if you want to do a sheet cake with frosting.

Leave out the espresso powder since the coffee flavor would be in the cake.

If you don't have different kinds of flour, I would probably just go with white cake flour which has a lower gluten content than all purpose flour and produces a more tender cake. But you can always use just plain all purpose flour if that's all you have. Depends on how much home baking of cakes you do. :-)

It's an Ellie Kreiger recipe so it's relatively healthy as cakes go with not that much oil - moistness supplied by the yogurt.

Moist Mocha Cake

Recipe by Ellie Krieger

Ingredients

Cooking spray
3/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Dutch processed cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 eggs
2 egg whites
1 1/2 cups lowfat yogurt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon espresso powder, dissolved in 1 tablespoon of hot water
2 ounces good-quality dark chocolate
1 (8-ounce) bar Neufchatel cheese (reduced fat cream cheese), softened
1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon espresso powder dissolved in 1 teaspoon hot water
1 teaspoon coffee liqueur or vanilla
1 small square chocolate
Directions

For the cake: For the frosting:
Arrange rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 by 13-inch cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.

Whisk together flours, cocoa, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a medium bowl, then sift ingredients through a fine mesh strainer.

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter and oil. Add eggs and egg whites and whisk to incorporate. Fold in yogurt, vanilla, sugar and dissolved espresso powder. Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 90 seconds or over a double boiler. Fold chocolate into batter.

Gradually add sifted dry ingredients and stir until just incorporated; do not overbeat. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until cake has risen nicely and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely.

While cake is cooling, make the frosting:

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer until soft and creamy. Spread frosting evenly over cake and cut into squares. Finely grate one small square of chocolate. Sprinkle the chocolate shavings over the cake.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics