Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Sandals Vs. Shabbos Shoes

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 4:31 pm
I recently bought my daughter a beautiful pair of white Shabbos shoes for the summer. Unfortunately they were hurting her feet and we need to return them. I am having such a hard time finding other nice white shoes so my husband suggested we just buy her sandals like we do every summer. I personally wanted my daughter to have shoes rather than sandals, but I guess sandals are ok. What do you put your girls in on Shabbos during the summer, shoes or sandals? Also if anyone has any good advice on where to find comfy white Shabbos shoes for little girls, I'd love to hear it. Thanks

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 6:03 pm
amother wrote:
I recently bought my daughter a beautiful pair of white Shabbos shoes for the summer. Unfortunately they were hurting her feet and we need to return them. I am having such a hard time finding other nice white shoes so my husband suggested
ed we just buy her sandals like we do every summer. I personally wanted my daughter to have shoes rather than sandals, but I guess sandals are ok. What do you put your girls in on Shabbos during the summer, shoes or sandals? Also if anyone has any good advice on where to find comfy white Shabbos shoes for little girls, I'd love to hear it. Thanks

Do you want a simple flexible white patent ballet style Mary Jane or does it have to be leather?

MamaBear

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 6:06 pm
There are plenty of options. Jumping Jacks are a nice brand for comfort. The european ones too:
http://www.zappos.com/white-mary-janes

seeker

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 6:25 pm
Dunno why they need to be white. When I buy shoes, I take whatever color fits. Last year my DD was 3 and had sandals that were a goes-with-anything style and color so she wore those for Shabbos as well. Will see what this year brings. I'm thinking her current shoes will fit her through the summer and are good enough for Shabbos, while she'll probably spend much of weekdays in sandals.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 6:27 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Do you want a simple flexible white patent ballet style Mary Jane or does it have to be leather?

OP here: white patent ballet mary janes are fine but I cant find anything I like. The one pair we bought was so cute but didnt fit right. I've already looked on amazon and zappos.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 6:32 pm
seeker wrote:
Dunno why they need to be white. When I buy shoes, I take whatever color fits. Last year my DD was 3 and had sandals that were a goes-with-anything style and color so she wore those for Shabbos as well. Will see what this year brings. I'm thinking her current shoes will fit her through the summer and are good enough for Shabbos, while she'll probably spend much of weekdays in sandals.

All of my daughter's summer shabbos dresses have white in them. They are actually all mostly white and very summery. I found a pair of silver shoes that may blend in but they were horribly expensive. They were adorable though. I find finding black patent leather shoes so much easier but she cant wear them during the summer. They would look funny with her dresses.

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 6:33 pm
amother wrote:
OP here: white patent ballet mary janes are fine but I cant find anything I like. The one pair we bought was so cute but didnt fit right. I've already looked on amazon and zappos.

We bought these two in (almost) white and if they kill them I don't mind replacing mid-season

https://m.payless.com/search/76337.html

https://m.payless.com/search/76337.html
We bought this in Mary Jane as it comes for the smaller sizes, very cute, if you scroll through the photos you can find the strap.

There is also a gorgeous gold colored shoe. They all look prettier on real life.
https://m.payless.com/search/70855.html

Feel free to pm me for better photos.

MamaBear

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 6:37 pm
Zappos and amazon have a pretty large selection. What exactly are you looking for that isn't there? Don't be so picky about it.

animeme

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 7:19 pm
My preschool girls wear closed-toe white sandals with white ruffle socks on Shabbos in the summer. I get them from Stride Rite or Target.

During the week they wear them with other socks or without.

Peanuts

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 11:05 am
Zara has very nice sandals I woul buy for shabbbos

cfriedman2

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 11:31 am
we do saltwater sandles in the summer for my 3 year old. she lives in hers

Iymnok

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 11:35 am
I feel shiny black can be worn with nearly everything. White may look cuter, but gets dirty and scratched faster. Jme

lfab

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 12:48 pm
I always try to get my girl's silver shoes. They go with everything and can be worn year round. I got cute one in stride rite a few months a go. This time of year might be hard to find in regular stores but you can check stride rite, marshall's, and target.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers