Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Spending $200+ on Babies' and Girl's Hairbows? What?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 2:56 pm
I just had a conversation with someone saying how people are spending crazy prices on childrens clothing these days. So someone told me not to get bent out of shape because theres a fancy children's clothing store in Lakewood (that used to be a non-materialistic people place and still has some of that type) thats selling baby's and children's HAIR BOWS for $200.

Bad enough people are spending that kind of money, but theyre flaunting it, and bragging about it! If they do want it badly and have that kind of money at least keep it to yourself. Buy it and take off the label.

How do you feel about that?

Id look down on billionaires spending that kind of money on a hair bow.

No this isnt jealousy talking, B"H Im not poor myself.

Anon bec Im telling people how this just doesnt sit right with me!

tigerwife

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 3:04 pm
I'd feel bad for someone who would scrimp and save to afford an exuberantly priced hair bow, but if they could easily afford it, who cares?

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 3:08 pm
People can spend their money as they please.

Maya

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 3:08 pm
I don't believe it for a second. That's the equivalent of a thousand dollars for a pair of baby shoes. It just doesn't make any sense at all. I'd need a photo of the price tag to be convinced.

gp2.0

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 3:10 pm
I hope they're at least made of silver, gold, pearls, swarovski crystals, real fur or some other pricy material instead of just plastic and polyester.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 3:14 pm
Maya wrote:
I don't believe it for a second. That's the equivalent of a thousand dollars for a pair of baby shoes. It just doesn't make any sense at all. I'd need a photo of the price tag to be convinced.

http://www.amourbows.com/#!signature/c1frd

http://www.amourbows.com/#!product-page/cb4u/249ad37c-9030-2d27-14fb-9cb2c34bf81b

Sold in Lakewood (and bought).

Maya

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 3:16 pm
amother wrote:

Um, wow. I think I'll put this down as the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

Notsobusy

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 3:17 pm
OP, I think someone is mistaken. I've never heard of such a thing, I'm not sure if there is any kids clothing being sold in Lakewood for over $200, if yes, there's hardly any.

Maybe someone she knows spent $200 on all of her girls hair bows all together, and she has a few girls. Which would still be a lot, but not what you're talking about.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 3:19 pm
glutenless wrote:
OP, I think someone is mistaken. I've never heard of such a thing, I'm not sure if there is any kids clothing being sold in Lakewood for over $200, if yes, there's hardly any.

Maybe someone she knows spent $200 on all of her girls hair bows all together, and she has a few girls. Which would still be a lot, but not what you're talking about.

Do you live in Lakewood? That store is not a secret there.

Notsobusy

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 3:20 pm
amother wrote:

http://www.amourbows.com/#!product-page/cb4u/249ad37c-9030-2d27-14fb-9cb2c34bf81b

It says on their website PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. EACH AMOUR ITEM IS HANDMADE PER ORDER. WE DO NOT SHIP STOCK ITEMS, OUR RETURN POLICY IS AS FOLLOWS :

Highly doubt anyone in Lakewood is stocking and selling these. If yes, it's crazy.

Notsobusy

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 3:21 pm
amother wrote:
Do you live in Lakewood? That store is not a secret there.

If it's not a secret then what store is it. If you don't want to give the whole name, tell me the initials, the neighborhood, something.

Amarante

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 3:23 pm
All I can say is wow. If they are being sold, presumably someone is buying them.

Of course, people should spend how they want but it is hard not to have a judgment on someone who spends $100 to $200 on a hair ornament for a child. It goes beyond having more money than brains - it's just very upsetting that they are essentially burning money. Not that people should give all their money away and not have a high standard of living if they are wealthy - but I know some extremely wealthy people (multi-millions) and they would NOT have spent money like this.

gp2.0

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 3:26 pm
But...but...they're made of plastic with more plastic and plastic on top. Surely they are not justifying the cost just because it's handmade? Unless they are molding the plastic and weaving the fabric themselves? Or perhaps harvesting the actual petroleum? shock LOL

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 3:26 pm
amother wrote:

HuH? So what makes them so valuable? This isn't a difficult DYI project, esp. if you have a sewing machine.

Maya

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 3:28 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
But...but...they're made of plastic with more plastic and plastic on top. Surely they are not justifying the cost just because it's handmade? Unless they are molding the plastic and weaving the fabric themselves? Or perhaps harvesting the actual petroleum? shock LOL

One $240 headband claims it's made of the finest silk, but surely there isn't more than twenty dollars worth of it on two small flowers.

kb

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 3:28 pm
Imagine: I'm trying to buy a whole wardrobe for less than the price of one headband!! I had no idea I was that stingy Very Happy

joy613

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 3:32 pm
I checked the website to the store and they actually are selling amourbows headbands. But not for the same price as the company's website. The same bow that is $240 on the company site is 82 here. (Not that I think $82 is a normal price to spend on a hair accessory but it's better than $240).
At least it looked like the same headband.

gp2.0

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 3:33 pm
kb wrote:
Imagine: I'm trying to buy a whole wardrobe for less than the price of one headband!! I had no idea I was that stingy Very Happy

I just spent $160 on the majority of my daughter's spring thru fall wardrobe and I was debating internally if I spent too much. Now I can stop wondering. LOL

Last edited by gp2.0 on Tue, May 05 2015, 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 3:38 pm
Even if they get the bows for a measly $84, I just hope those who buy these items arent in businesses with suspicious activity, and will eventually make not that great headlines.

How many billionaires have kids in Lakewood? How many self-made billionaires in Lakewood?

chatouli

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 3:41 pm
My DH was irritated that I spent $15 on bows and headbands from amazon for my baby dd - now I know what to buy if I ever want to give him a heart attack!
Page 1 of 9   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics