Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Spending $200+ on Babies' and Girl's Hairbows? What?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

Lani22

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 6:42 pm
glutenless wrote:
OP, I think someone is mistaken. I've never heard of such a thing, I'm not sure if there is any kids clothing being sold in Lakewood for over $200, if yes, there's hardly any.

Maybe someone she knows spent $200 on all of her girls hair bows all together, and she has a few girls. Which would still be a lot, but not what you're talking about.
ladida.com this is a very popular clothing store in lakewood where many dresses are over $200

tigerwife

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 6:44 pm
Maya wrote:
One $240 headband claims it's made of the finest silk, but surely there isn't more than twenty dollars worth of it on two small flowers.

Lol. I just spent 13NIS on materials to make a floral wreath for my daughter. I doubt it's the finest silk, though.Wink

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 6:45 pm
Lani22 wrote:
ladida.com this is a very popular clothing store in lakewood where many dresses are over $200

And they wouldn't be in business if they weren't making money. Lakewood has it's fair share of millionaires.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 6:49 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
And they wouldn't be in business if they weren't making money. Lakewood has it's fair share of millionaires.

It's not necessarily millionaires who are shopping there. They're people who are not exactly poor but average and they but they make this their priority.

gp2.0

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 6:52 pm
Maya wrote:
One $240 headband claims it's made of the finest silk, but surely there isn't more than twenty dollars worth of it on two small flowers.

But another $240 headband "I love lucy sees" is made of "scuba fabric" which google tells me is polyester. So are we being overcharged for the scuba fabric because it's priced as much as silk, or is the silk one a steal which has been priced down to scuba fabric prices? I'm so confused. Very Happy

dimples

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 6:57 pm
I'm going to start a business of selling socks at $75 a pair...I'll see them myself. Don't forget, it's a huge bargain since you always get 2 socks in each pair!!!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 6:58 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
But...but...they're made of plastic with more plastic and plastic on top. Surely they are not justifying the cost just because it's handmade? Unless they are molding the plastic and weaving the fabric themselves? Or perhaps harvesting the actual petroleum? shock LOL

They're made with the purest kavanos and hand tied. Each laborer has completed tikkun chatzos followed by tevila in the mikvah.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 7:00 pm
I can't believe the doll pillow is so cheap! I think I need a few....we have been sharing our real pillows with our dolls who co-sleep with us.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 7:05 pm
amother wrote:
It's not necessarily millionaires who are shopping there. They're people who are not exactly poor but average and they but they make this their priority.

So the kids have these uppity bows but they eat cheap pasta and potatoes all week.

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 7:07 pm
How ridiculous. It costs approximately $3 to make those bows. Some people have nothing better to do than pay for labels.

Mimisinger

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 7:08 pm
This is seriously crazy. I see fancy bows that are expensive, but these are beyond.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 7:14 pm
I will say I'm like the least crafty person ever and I don't sew or use a sewing machine, but I know how to use craft glue and I've been successful at using my kindergarten skills of gluing along with my eBay purchasing skills for materials to produce things that look exactly the same as things I see in the store. We have one of these headbands (well probably not this brand Wink) as a hand me down and it looks ridiculous on my kids' tiny heads, so I stick with my style more Wink

zaq

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 7:15 pm
How very nouveau riche. Old money would never squander like that. Old money spends money on quality goods that last, not gaudy trumpery.

What I think about people bragging that they spent $200 on a child's hair bow is the same as I think about people bragging about flunking kindergarten. We all do asinine things now and then, but most of us blush in silence and try to keep the facts from going public. People with brains show off about how they cleverly wangled bargains, not about how they allowed themselves to be suckered into shelling out exorbitant sums on nonsense.

So not nice of me. I should really feel sorry for such people. They must be compensating for some lack in their lives. Lack of seichel tops the list, obviously, but also lack of self- confidence (I'll never have any fashion sense, but if it's that pricey it must be the height of style), self-esteem (if I dress my dc in the most expensive things around, that must mean I'm worth something), even love (buying expensive things makes me feel good;if I buy my dd expensive things she'll love me more). How sad.

But hey, as long it's not my yerusha or my children's yerusha or my grandchildren's tuition scholarships that they're squandering, who am I to say anything? Maybe the fashion firm will sponsor my grandchildren's scholarships.

UQT

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 7:39 pm
Very interesting. On Pesach my neighbor's kid (6 months) was wearing a matching headband to her outfit and to make conversation I said "It's so cute how the outfit coordinates so nicely with the headband." Which she responded, 'I'm so happy you like it. They told me matching headbands are coming in a few days and when I went back I had to take a second mortgage out to buy it but it really brings the outfit to another level." I laughed assuming she meant she spent $15 on it.

Wow. Just wow.

Maya

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 7:52 pm
UQT wrote:
Very interesting. On Pesach my neighbor's kid (6 months) was wearing a matching headband to her outfit and to make conversation I said "It's so cute how the outfit coordinates so nicely with the headband." Which she responded, 'I'm so happy you like it. They told me matching headbands are coming in a few days and when I went back I had to take a second mortgage out to buy it but it really brings the outfit to another level." I laughed assuming she meant she spent $15 on it.

Wow. Just wow.

I'd like to know how these levels work. LOL.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 8:00 pm
Am I the only one who keeps on reading this thread title as Barbies' ? lol

sneakermom

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 8:02 pm
I am very dissapointed. The link is not working for me. Now I can't get to see the $200 dollar bow!

kb

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 8:04 pm
sneakermom wrote:
I am very dissapointed. The link is not working for me. Now I can't get to see the $200 dollar bow!

The link didn't work for me either. Copy and paste the whole link, only part of the text is linked in that post.

mandr

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 8:26 pm
Just go to amourbows.com, enter site, Shop, signature line.

I'm speechless. I actually know the owner of this company and would never have imagined her selling $250 headbands! Probably the only people who wear them are the kids of the owner and her nieces and friends. I mean, who else?

I dunno. Even if I wanted one I wouldn't be able to buy from a website like that which is written in such a pathetic English - I'd totally assume it was a Chinese company.

Actually, I think it would make more sense to spend $200 on a headband than on a pair of shoes. Shoes get gross-looking pretty fast but a nice headband can last for ages.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 8:30 pm
My kids' headbands get lost, I don't consider it an investment.
Page 2 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics