Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Spending $200+ on Babies' and Girl's Hairbows? What?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 8:32 pm
mandr wrote:
Just go to amourbows.com, enter site, Shop, signature line.

I'm speechless. I actually know the owner of this company and would never have imagined her selling $250 headbands! Probably the only people who wear them are the kids of the owner and her nieces and friends. I mean, who else?

Interesting. I assume that means that the owner is Jewish and religious. Does she have a design background? Has she been designing before she started the company, or was this a new idea for her?

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 8:32 pm
I was once in a fancy store in brooklyn and it was 70% off and the lady online in front of me was deciding whether to buy the 11$ socks (at 70% off?!?!??) For her 18 month old.
They were grey with mustaches on them... 70$ baby socks.... I would never evem spend 11...

GreenEyes26

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 8:41 pm
mandr wrote:
Just go to amourbows.com, enter site, Shop, signature line.

I'm speechless. I actually know the owner of this company and would never have imagined her selling $250 headbands! Probably the only people who wear them are the kids of the owner and her nieces and friends. I mean, who else?

I dunno. Even if I wanted one I wouldn't be able to buy from a website like that which is written in such a pathetic English - I'd totally assume it was a Chinese company.

Actually, I think it would make more sense to spend $200 on a headband than on a pair of shoes. Shoes get gross-looking pretty fast but a nice headband can last for ages.

Ugh. I went to the site. That was gross. And the $200+ bows are FUGLY. That's the worst part! No justification for the outrageous price. At least if it was covered in detailed sequins, crystals, etc. I could understand why it would be so expensive. $200+ for a scuba fabric bow? With fake felt eyes? AYKM?

sky

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 8:43 pm
These are not sold in Lakewood stores.
She sells these to movie stars and singers. I've heard about it through rumors.

mandr

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 8:47 pm
sky wrote:

Well the owner's sister (I went to school with both of them) sent around a digital flyer on our grade's WhatsApp group chat, advertising a sale at her house. So I assume she does sell to the locals too.

joy613

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 8:58 pm
sky wrote:

Some of them are sold in ladida.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 9:00 pm
sky wrote:

Wrong. People are talking about having bought them and where. Someone above posted that the bows are on the Lakewood store's website, but the bows on the website were cheap- about $80. Perhaps the owner keeps the more expensive ones for preferred customers.

Laiya

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 9:02 pm
Maybe it's really a cynical social experiment?

mommyla

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 9:02 pm
sky wrote:

They're on Ladida's website, I'm assuming that's the store referred to above.

For those of you who think that only millionaires shop there, sadly that is most definitely not true. I was in that store exactly once. In the three minutes that I spent there (with my jaw getting closer and closer to the floor with every price tag) I saw a woman buy what looked like full winter wardrobes for all of her kids - coats, Shabbos clothes, weekday clothes, the works, and matching (of course). I have no doubt that she spent thousands of dollars in one shot. And unfortunately, disgustingly, they offer payment plans there.

PAYMENT PLANS. For kids' clothes. Shop at Target, for crying out loud! Or Nordstrom, if you must have higher-end stuff. I can b"H afford to buy my kids a Shabbos outfit or two there, but why in heaven's name would I want to? I just thank G-d that I don't feel like I have to keep up with the Kleins.

ValleyMom

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 9:30 pm
I was trying to imagine what kind of person would happily spend $180 on a plastic head band with a silk flower glued on it and then I remembered the same type of person that takes those &*^%$ SELFIES of themselves to post on their Facebook page so everyone can compliment their choice of outfit.

Listen- even IF I had the excess money to spend I would NOT spend it on headbands.

Anyone can make a headband.
Go down town and buy some solid metal or fabric wrapped headbands.
Then by some higher quality silk flowers and a decent glue gun.

With a little ingenuity anyone can glue two big ugly silk flowers onto a metal band.

The creativity comes when you think outside the box and glue a brooch or a mismatched earring onto the plain headband and design something unique.

IF I were to spend $200 I want my daughter to be the only one with two silk roses protruding from her scalp!

sky

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 9:51 pm
What I heard from someone in the business is she used to sell top of the line headbands and then went exclusive. For example I heard Beonce buys for her daughter from her.
I do see it on Ladida's website for half the price.
Or I'm mixing up with another place.

[I do think people spend insane amounts on their children's clothing - sometimes its an expensive hobby]

zaq

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 10:03 pm
sky wrote:
I heard Beonce buys for her daughter from her.

Now that's news that will make me rush out and drop a week's wages on a child's accessory. NOT.

supty

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 10:10 pm
I'm usually all for people spending their money as they please, but this is just ridiculous. I can't think of anything more materialistic and shallow than bragging about the price of your baby's hairbands. It makes me sad that this is what kids have to compete with nowadays. I don't understand why people buy into this so easily. I love designer clothes, and I'll be honest, I do spend on good quality childrens clothes. But this is just too much and SO silly.

elisheva25

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 10:11 pm
dimples wrote:
I'm going to start a business of selling socks at $75 a pair...I'll see them myself. Don't forget, it's a huge bargain since you always get 2 socks in each pair!!!

I can't stop laughing!!!!!!

Notsobusy

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 10:16 pm
I really can't believe it's true. At least on Ladida's website it looks like theirs are under $100, but still shock I couldn't believe it when I heard they offer a payment plan, that's sad enough, but this, no words.

elisheva25

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 10:18 pm
This website must be getting sooo many hits tonight and she'll have no clue why.

SorGold

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 10:28 pm
Even if I was beyonce, I wouldnt waste money on a headband that looks like absolutely every other headband. Its 2 silk flowers. I dont even get that draw. Am I missing something.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 10:34 pm
elisheva25 wrote:
This website must be getting sooo many hits tonight and she'll have no clue why.

OP here. Im curious if it will lead to any sales. Hey, not everyone talks about their extravagant purchases, and not everyone considers this extravagant. Its a big world out there. Lots of crazy things going on that people dont admit. I guess buying an $80 - $200 bow isnt that bad on a scale of crazy things SOME frum people do. Whatever floats their boat.

sky

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 10:38 pm
They can probably trace it back here.

I'm wondering if I mixed them up with a similar company.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 10:42 pm
I have a friend who designed some accessories that were worn by celebrities, but I don't think this is her line.
Page 3 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics