Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Spending $200+ on Babies' and Girl's Hairbows? What?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Silver

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 10:43 pm
Hey! maybe op is really the owner of the company!

anyways, I was checking their instagram page and the impression I get is that a lot of the customers are not frum (jewish?) and they order online. So people saying that its' a crazy thing frum people do, know that it's not only frum people who are crazy!

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 10:44 pm
And here I thought the headbands I bought for $11.99-20% off before yom tov was expensive.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 10:47 pm
Lucky the company has a new potential client this week. Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana. Stay tuned.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 10:49 pm
amother wrote:

I wish. Id be too busy raking it in, and looking for new exquisite silks and faux silk polyesters (hee hee) to be on Imamother.

happybeingamom

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 10:57 pm
Now I wouldn't buy it, but these entrepreneurs found a market and are trying to make a profit, kudos to them. Listen, there are some people who cover their cell phones in diamonds and gold. http://luxurycases.com/iphone-.....cious

We have so many more important things to be outraged about.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 11:01 pm
$200 is a downright bargain

https://cools.com/products/fle.....13437

doctorima

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 11:07 pm
amother wrote:

I tried to order 7 (1 for each day of the week), but sadly they're out of stock. Sad I hope my daughter won't be stuck with nebby $200 headbands.

SorGold

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 11:09 pm
amother wrote:

anyways, I was checking their instagram page and the impression I get is that a lot of the customers are not frum (jewish?) and they order online. So people saying that its' a crazy thing frum people do, know that it's not only frum people who are crazy!

I was thinking the same thing Wink

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 11:14 pm
I'm one of those "crazy" people who spend a lot on my kids clothing. I try to purchase things that are nice and good quality. I don't live in Lakewood so don't shop in Ladida but I purchase many of the brands they sell in my local stores.
With that said, I would never buy an ugly headband that some frum lady made in her kitchen with a glue gun and polyester bows. They jack up the price so every blind follower thinks they're getting this exclusive cool thing. Its actually pretty funny.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 11:41 pm
amother wrote:

Why does the fact that there are not frum people who spend $200 on a children's bow make it normal for a frum person to do it?

Imho, millionaires shouldnt be spending $200 on a hairbow. Thats a billionaire thing to do.

There are way more non frum billionaires, who can very well afford it, than frum billionaires. How many frum billionaires are there? You can count them on one hand, in Lakewood for sure.

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 11:46 pm
Support the Torah with most of it and spend the rest on a ribbon you earnestly tie on your solemnly waiting child. She will see your concentration on getting it nice.

Notsobusy

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 11:49 pm
amother wrote:
Why does the fact that there are not frum people who spend $200 on a children's bow make it normal for a frum person to do it?

Imho, millionaires shouldnt be spending $200 on a hairbow. Thats a billionaire thing to do.

There are way more non frum billionaires, who can very well afford it, than frum billionaires. How many frum billionaires are there? You can count them on one hand, in Lakewood for sure.

In my opinion nobody should be spending $200 on such a hairbow. They aren't cuter than any cheaper bows, they aren't made with expensive materials, they're not made by a famous designer(not that that means anything to me, but it does to some people), what makes them worth that kind of money to anyone?

I do agree with your first statement
Quote:
It brings us back to the old "if everybody else jumps off a bridge...."

IMHopinion

Post Wed, May 06 2015, 12:00 am
For all that money she charges, can't she have a decent website? Why isn't it opening for me?

Notsobusy

Post Wed, May 06 2015, 12:04 am
IMHopinion wrote:
For all that money she charges, can't she have a decent website? Why isn't it opening for me?

Did you click on the bottom where it says "open site"?

IMHopinion

Post Wed, May 06 2015, 12:06 am
glutenless wrote:
Did you click on the bottom where it says "open site"?

Yes. The website is extremely slow and takes a while to load a page.

Maybe it's just overloaded with us, imamoms!

Last edited by IMHopinion on Wed, May 06 2015, 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total

rosenbal

Post Wed, May 06 2015, 12:06 am
I'm not nuts enough to buy them but from an entrepreneur's point of view...wow! Kudos to her for finding this niche! Pretty nuts...but hey, until enough people say that the "emperor is not wearing clothes"...

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, May 06 2015, 12:14 am
amother wrote:

That's actually pretty reasonable for what you get. As a jeweler, I know exactly how much work goes into the crystal headband, and how much the stones cost wholesale, the plating process, labor, etc.

imaima

Post Wed, May 06 2015, 1:52 am
mandr wrote:
Just go to amourbows.com, enter site, Shop, signature line.

I'm speechless. I actually know the owner of this company and would never have imagined her selling $250 headbands! Probably the only people who wear them are the kids of the owner and her nieces and friends. I mean, who else?

I dunno. Even if I wanted one I wouldn't be able to buy from a website like that which is written in such a pathetic English - I'd totally assume it was a Chinese company.

Actually, I think it would make more sense to spend $200 on a headband than on a pair of shoes. Shoes get gross-looking pretty fast but a nice headband can last for ages.

Really? how can you even send your child to school knowing full well that they might not come back wearing this bow, or ir will get broken?
My daughter loses her hair accessories all the time, but they come from a dollar store.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, May 06 2015, 1:57 am
amother wrote:
I was once in a fancy store in brooklyn and it was 70% off and the lady online in front of me was deciding whether to buy the 11$ socks (at 70% off?!?!??) For her 18 month old.
They were grey with mustaches on them... 70$ baby socks.... I would never evem spend 11...

I shopped yesterday at a kids designer clothing website at 70% off. I got a marc jacobs t-shirt for 18.
I didn't see any hair accessories for 200, not even Oscar de la Renta.
The designer baby socks could be obtained for as cheap as 2.
it couldn't get any more designer than that. I wonder what planet all the brooklyners come from if they agree to pay so much in local stores.

kb

Post Wed, May 06 2015, 3:05 am
amother wrote:
I shopped yesterday at a kids designer clothing website at 70% off. I got a marc jacobs t-shirt for 18.
I didn't see any hair accessories for 200, not even Oscar de la Renta.
The designer baby socks could be obtained for as cheap as 2.
it couldn't get any more designer than that. I wonder what planet all the brooklyners come from if they agree to pay so much in local stores.

Ooc, what website?
Page 4 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics