Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
American phone line with obhai 110 box w/google voice

ludicrous

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 4:13 pm
I just got an obhai 110 box to connect to my bezek router and link to google voice so that I can have an American number here in eretz yisroel. does anyone have experience doing this? Thanks

coconutbutter

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 4:19 pm
ugh please tell me when/how you figure it out. I brought one back months ago and it's still waiting for me to set up. Whenever I got as far as picking a number it seemed ALL were unavailable no matter what State I had listed to look for a number.

I desperately need it for work, like a year ago (!), already so any help would be much appreciated. I'll be watching this thread.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 4:23 pm
When you tried picking a number, did you do it with an exchange also (aka 917-545) or just the area code? Because Google Voice only has access to some exchanges, and that could be the issue. In the past 2 months or so, I've gotten 2 Google Voice numbers (one on my account, one on my husband's) and there was no shortage at all.

Smile1234

Post Wed, May 06 2015, 6:30 am
Bumping this up because I'm considering buying an obi box. Can anyone tell me if they have this phone system and if they are happy with it?

I already have a google voice number so that wont be an issue.

TIA!

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, May 06 2015, 2:05 pm
a computer person I know installed mine, so I have no idea how to install it, but I don't think it is difficult.
I am happy with it, I had a couple of problems with it and needed to reboot the device or reset it, but considering it was free, I tolerated it, and bli ayin hara it is fine.

Shuly

Post Wed, May 06 2015, 5:04 pm
I have it and it's great. I know how to install it, so pm me if you need any help.

e1234

Post Thu, May 07 2015, 1:32 am
can you give me more info on this

I have majicjack and I'm not so happy so I'm thinking of not renewing in august when it expires

do you just pay for the box and then you don't have to pay yearly/monthly?

Savta S

Post Tue, Jun 23 2015, 9:17 am
We have a magicjack for many years & are happy w/it. It connects directly to the computer, via the usb port (the upgraded magicjack plus, has the option of plugging into the router. The advantage to that is that it's operational even if the computer is off).I just wanted to note, as the above poster has trouble w/hers. A number of years ago, we had some problems too. It turned out that it was one of the computers we used it with. The problem was resolved when we got a new computer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions