Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling
Preschool Kodesh Cirriculum

little_mage

Post Wed, May 06 2015, 3:29 pm
I'm looking for a Kodesh/Judaic curriculum for a preschooler. My son will be four in June, so something primarily for him, although I would love it if my 1.5 year old could participate as well.

cbg

Post Wed, May 06 2015, 10:09 pm
Davening
Parsha
Yom Tov/Shabbat
Aleph bet
Middot

busymother

Post Wed, May 06 2015, 11:32 pm
"All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten"

by Robert Fulghum

Most of what I really need
To know about how to live
And what to do and how to be
I learned in kindergarten.
Wisdom was not at the top
Of the graduate school mountain,
But there in the sandpile at Sunday school.

These are the things I learned:

Share everything.
Play fair.
Don't hit people.
Put things back where you found them.
Clean up your own mess.
Don't take things that aren't yours.
Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.
Wash your hands before you eat.
Flush.
Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
Live a balanced life -
Learn some and think some
And draw and paint and sing and dance
And play and work everyday some.
Take a nap every afternoon.
When you go out into the world,
Watch out for traffic,
Hold hands and stick together.
Be aware of wonder.

Stayci

Post Thu, May 07 2015, 12:03 am
Aleph Bet is the most important.
Parsha is a good second, it incorporates many Judaic values including Yamim Tovim and Middos.
Jewish History
Songs of Jewish facts such as the Hebrew months, Parshas, famliy trees etc...
Hebrew words/Hebrew text exposure.

Ashrei

Post Sat, Aug 15 2015, 10:59 pm
I'm doing the same thing from this coming Sept for my kindergartner. All the limudei kodesh is on me. I would like to go with CBG's outline. I added my comments. Please tell me what you think.

Davening - I will get an outline from his brother's school

Parsha - I was going to read the parsha and pick what I think are the main points and explain it back, and print coloring pages from AISH.com. Are there any sites with suggestions for simple parsha projects etc, or summaries appropriate for 4 year olds?

I'd like to teach my son to give a 1 line "d'var torah" at the table every Shabbos about the parsha.

Yom Tov/Shabbat - For this, I could use more guidance... I don't understand how to schedule the timing of teaching about the Tishrei Yomtovs when there is such a short time from one to the other. Does anyone have a layout of schedule?

Also is there a resource to explain specifically what will be important to teach at the 4 year old level regarding yomtov and Shabbos?

And easy projects would also be great.

Aleph bet - we just review the practice book. any other fun alef bais books to put into the mix?

Middot - no idea where to start

Also I have zero songs in my repetoire... suggestions?

Otherwise, I was thinking of getting a Jewish calendar up... Do they sell anything? I'm thinking velcro with pictures for yomtovs etc... any links for that?

Please daven for me... O_O;;

imeinu

Post Sat, Aug 15 2015, 11:03 pm
chinuch.org has a tremendous wealth of resources. its free and has tons of projects, coloring pages, teaching aides, and ideas. good luck!!

goodmorning

Post Sat, Aug 15 2015, 11:07 pm
Regarding aleph bais, you may want to make it more "exciting" than just reading the letters in the book. When my kids learned it, they spent a week on each letter, learn some common Hebrew words that start with it, and make a project and/or do an activity corresponding to those words (e.g. glidah party for gimmel, hatzalah visit for hey, etc.). They also had a running collection of aleph bais letters, either in book form or to hang on the wall, adding one (which they colored/decorated) each week as they learned it.

It's also a way to stick in middos or mitzvos -- emunah/ahavas Yisroel for aleph, bikur cholim for beis, gam zu litvovah / gemilus chessed for gimmel, etc.

Ashrei

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 1:18 am
I just went to chinuch.org. I only found 1 submission for this week's parsha, for example, so I was surprised, I thought there would be more, and more interesting things... any other sites? I couldn't even DL the submission bc it wouldn't let me register. I think it's a glitch and I'll try with another browser later.

thank you goodmorning! b'chasdei Hashem, and nothing to do with me, but my son knows all the alef bais as he was able to learn it last year. He has to master it still, and is making common mistakes consistently: mem sofis and samech. dots: shin/sin, pey/fey, bais/vais etc. not sure how to practice this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling