Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Greys Anatomy Fans? SPOLIER ALERT
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 7:41 pm
I've been trying to share this joke w/ppl who are upset about this, that it's simply a Shonda.... but very few people are getting it Very Happy

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 7:48 pm
amother wrote:
oxycontin, the narcotic, and it was mcdreamy's sister (she's also a neurologist)

Oops. I knew that.
And his sister. That makes sense. I couldn't imagine her being an other woman.
All I can say is, I'm glad the hospitals I've been in don't seem to have this drama. Or else they hide it well. Though a big proposal would be fun.

heidi

Post Fri, May 01 2015, 1:26 am
My father always says that in all his years as an intern and resident in the hospital, no one, not once, tried to sleep with him in the on call room!!!
The sister is an oxycontin addict in recovery.
And I'm going to stop reading now bcz. here in Israel I'm a week behind you guys and Derek just died.

Mama Bear

Post Fri, May 01 2015, 5:19 am
Eh. all of these medical drama shows are such fiction!! These stories don't happen in real hospitals. Ditto to all these crime shows. So much drama.

Scrabble123

Post Fri, May 01 2015, 6:03 am
Mama Bear wrote:
Eh. all of these medical drama shows are such fiction!! These stories don't happen in real hospitals. Ditto to all these crime shows. So much drama.

Sadly, it does happen in real life, but not in the same time. It doesn't happen in 24 hour periods.

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, May 01 2015, 7:13 am
Don't have a tv but really want to see the 2 hour episode from last night. Does anyone know how I can see it on my phone?

amother
Linen

Post Fri, May 01 2015, 7:20 am
Mama Bear wrote:
I've been trying to share this joke w/ppl who are upset about this, that it's simply a Shonda.... but very few people are getting it Very Happy

Only Yiddish speaking people will get that. Seriously, last night's episode was worse than last week. They gave more attention to the two burn victims(which I couldn't watch after the recent tragedy) than to Derick's death.

Mama Bear

Post Fri, May 01 2015, 7:35 am
Scrabble, I didnt mean the medical dramas. Those are all based on real events. I mean the romantic entanglements. Hospital employees/doctors arent busy with their soap opera-like love lives all the time. It would seriously take away their attention from their lifesaving work. And there isnt that much intra-hospital shenanigans. That's what I meant.

m+m

Post Fri, May 01 2015, 7:38 am
heidi wrote:
DH read somewhere that they did it specifically that way to warn about the dangers of using the cellphone when you drive.
And look how many people were impacted by it. Maybe it really will cause people to think twice before using their cellphone in the car.

That's interesting. I see the point.

m+m

Post Fri, May 01 2015, 7:44 am
amother wrote:
A few thoughts:

1) They were waiting for hours at the site of the accident for a car to come - and then all of a sudden BOOM there's an 18 wheeler? He was also waiting for service all that time and his phone miraculously begins to ring? Sloppy writing IMO.

2) They pretty much wrote him out of this season, bringing him back just to kill him reminded me too much of what they did with Izzie which I HATED! Why didn't they just let her die? And why not just let Derek choose DC? Run away with that intern, why does he have to be killed and let his wife (who is already extremely fragile as a person as it is) have to deal with yet another loss, and also his poor kids to be without a father.

3) As awful as it was, it was strangely poetic that he saved thousands of lives through his incredible skill and yet he was sitting there narrating his own death as his doctors did everything wrong. Painful to watch but very very bitterly ironic.

1- So right. There was no service. And also, there was not a single car until then.

2- I hated what happened with Izzie, that was awful! He was such a great character.

3- The fact that he narrated his own scene was really spooky. I was so annoyed with the lady Dr for not sticking to her guns. What if she would have gotten the CT. But then again, this was the way Shonda wrote it.

And I keep reminding myself, it is not real. But I am really going to miss Derek and the show will be very bitter from now on Sad

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, May 06 2015, 11:31 am
Wow, just caught up on the whole last season. Whew. I was waiting for that to happen, since I saw a headline that derek was leaving the show. I think they had to either kill him or make him into a horrible person who leaves his wife and kids. Option a is probably better - true love wins out. Although I guess they could have kept him in washington and commuting until the end of the show. I think the scene where he narrates it is great. How else would we know that the doctors are doing such a bad job?

Also where the heck was derek driving that there were no cars for hours and hours and no decent hospital nearby? I thought he was going to the airport.

I don't miss Christina one bit. Found her unpleasant and could not relate to her at all. Not sure why meredith is so close to her.

no one in the hospital has yet to comment on how surreal it is that yet another long lost sister of Meredith turns up, also a doctor? And meredith herself fails to tell maggie about her sister?

heidi

Post Wed, May 06 2015, 1:04 pm
Esti's Mom wrote:

2- I hated what happened with Izzie, that was awful! He was such a great character.

Izzie was a woman. Alex's wife.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, May 06 2015, 1:42 pm
Mama Bear wrote:

You need to find yiddish speaking people who watch tv and know that Shonda thinks up these shtick.

How many of us are there, anyway?. ..

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, May 06 2015, 1:48 pm
amother wrote:

2) They pretty much wrote him out of this season, bringing him back just to kill him reminded me too much of what they did with Izzie which I HATED! Why didn't they just let her die? And why not just let Derek choose DC? Run away with that intern, why does he have to be killed and let his wife (who is already extremely fragile as a person as it is) have to deal with yet another loss, and also his poor kids to be without a father.

Betrayal destroys you emotionally, much more than loss does. If Dempsey had to leave the show (I read he was getting annoying to deal with, and Shonda was itching to get rid of him, but that's just gossip) better that he died with their love intact.

If Derek would cheat on Meredith and live, I would've killed him myself. The episodes where it seemed like that was happening caused me more grief than the one where he died.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 10:26 pm
Are there any other shows out there that are similar to Greys in terms of the drama and romance? I'm looking for a new show.

deena19k

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 10:39 pm
amother wrote:
Are there any other shows out there that are similar to Greys in terms of the drama and romance? I'm looking for a new show.

Rookie Blue

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 1:39 am
amother wrote:

private practice is a spinoff of greys but I couldn't get into it.

have you tried lost?

PinkFridge

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 5:10 am
Amother honeydew, I wonder if Hill Street Blues is available anywhere in the ether (police procedural show in the 80s).

m+m

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 9:42 am
heidi wrote:
Izzie was a woman. Alex's wife.

Sorry, I meants George

m+m

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 9:43 am
amother wrote:

I like The Good Wife. It's a lawyer show.

Private Practice was good, but not as good as Greys Anatomy

Scrubs?
House is really interesting
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics