Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Moving to Brookhill (lakewood)

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, May 07 2015, 10:34 pm
We are looking at a house in Brookhill. We are yeshivish and really want to live in the center of lakewood (near yeshiva) but the houses are not in our price range so we are looking else where. The house in Brookhill would be prefect for our family. I know a few people in the development but I have noticed many chassidim. If you know Brookhill would you consider it to be a comfortable place for a yeshivish family to live? I would not like us - especially our kids -to feel like outsiders. What do you think?

innovative mom

Post Thu, May 07 2015, 11:15 pm
There's a definite mixed crowd living there. It's a very friendly welcoming place to live. Hatzlacha.

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, May 08 2015, 12:14 am
There are a lot chassidim in Brookhill, I would say at least 50%. BUT, there are also a lot of very nice yeshivish people there. It is not close to yeshiva, btw, about 45 minute walk (maybe more!)

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, May 08 2015, 12:19 am
It is mostly chassidim, I would say closer to 70%, but people are incredibly warm and welcoming. A few things you should know that were mentioned: it is very far from yeshiva, not walkable on a daily basis, and not cheap at all. If you're looking at a house I assume you know the price; in the last few years the area has become very sought after and the prices have skyrocketed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating