Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Bais Dovid vs Degel Hatorah

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, May 07 2015, 5:44 am
If anyone has anything to say on either, please post.

We're chassidish but looking for a more neutral place.

I know the two are very different. I don't know much about either, but I do know that Bais Dovid is bigger and has a lot more chassidish.

Does Degel have parallel classes? How many chassidish students are there?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, May 07 2015, 7:02 am
I send to Bais Dovid and I am litvish, I had 3 boys graduate from there and I have one there now.

It is a chassidish yeshiva for families that dont want the real chassidish. Yes the rebbis do talk yiddish most announcements that come are in yiddish as most notes that come home.
I dont know your view on learning lemudia chol but it is not top priority , my boys that graduated had to learn it on their own.
The school B"H is growing.

I dont know that much about Degel but if we didnt want the yiddish influence we definitely would of sent to Degel without a doubt. I dont know about parallel classes. I do know that a friend who is very very very critical about all the boys yeshivas sent to Degel.
Not sure about if there are chassidish boys there I have not really seen any. I am sure there might be but most go to YSV that I know who didnt want to send to any kind of chassidish yeshiva.

Of the two Degels boys are less wild. you go into the hallways of both and you will see a difference between the boys or at recess and I have been to both.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, May 07 2015, 7:23 am
amother wrote:
I send to Bais Dovid and I am litvish, I had 3 boys graduate from there and I have one there now.

It is a chassidish yeshiva for families that dont want the real chassidish. Yes the rebbis do talk yiddish most announcements that come are in yiddish as most notes that come home.
I dont know your view on learning lemudia chol but it is not top priority , my boys that graduated had to learn it on their own.
The school B"H is growing.

I dont know that much about Degel but if we didnt want the yiddish influence we definitely would of sent to Degel without a doubt. I dont know about parallel classes. I do know that a friend who is very very very critical about all the boys yeshivas sent to Degel.
Not sure about if there are chassidish boys there I have not really seen any. I am sure there might be but most go to YSV that I know who didnt want to send to any kind of chassidish yeshiva.

Of the two Degels boys are less wild. you go into the hallways of both and you will see a difference between the boys or at recess and I have been to both.

I don't need the Yiddish speaking part. I just need a good Cheder where my kids will feel accepted and not very different. Where they won't be the only chassidish boys.

Yes I do want a good limudei chol.

Are there really quite a few chassidish families in ysv? Why then did I hear that they don't accept chassidim?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, May 08 2015, 6:05 am
That is correct YSV stopped taking chassidim,

The question is how chassidish are you? Everyone that I know that sends there are not chassidsh.
I will try to speak to my friends that send there and ask them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children