Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Info re: Willowbrook, Inwood, Clifton/Passaic, Cherry Hill

amother
Beige

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 12:25 pm
Hi, we are a young couple in our mid-twenties looking for a warm, affordable frum community. Black hat, no TV, litvish etc. I guess we canbe described as yeshivish, but we do watch movies, have internet and college degrees. We would like a community with an out of town feel (not judgmental, or materialistic), with a warm sense of community, and BY-type schools. A place where other young couples are moving in. We would move further out of town if necessary, but up to a 3 hour commute to Brooklyn would be best. Please help us out Smile
(anon for those who know this is me )

doctorima

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 12:52 pm
Passaic could work for you. Willowbrook is warm and non-judgmental, but probably not as frum as you're looking for. Why not Waterbury?

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 1:29 pm
I've been hearing about Philadelphia and surrounding area following the OU community fair (I didn't get to go but I had put my name down as interested and am getting the follow-up calls and emails) and am about to start my own thread looking for more info about that. It sounds like it could be what people like both of us are looking for.

Maya

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 2:02 pm
Cherry Hill is a Modern Orthodox community. Friends of ours moved there recently, and it seems that all the schools are coed, certainly not BY type. I don't think there are any Litvish people there.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 4:23 pm
Thanks for the replies. Amother- I was thinking of Philadelphia actually Smile I wasn't sure about the schools though if they are BY type? Also about safety of the area? I'll be sure to check out your thread

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Jun 07 2015, 7:48 pm
I think Willowbrook is worth looking into. A wide range of types live there (from MO to baalebatish to yeshivish to chasidish), and a lot of young families who are similar to how you described yours moved in recently. While it is in NYC, it still has that OOT feel that you're looking for, and the community is warm and not materialistic.

RJJ is a good school, and if you need other options, it's close to Brooklyn. (The bridge makes it seem far, but it's a 20 min trip to Boro Park without traffic. And Staten Island residents only pay $5.50 for the Verazzano, and even less if there are 2 passengers - you can buy carpool tickets which cost about $3 a trip.)

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jul 10 2017, 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Jun 07 2015, 9:15 pm
Phili is a great choice. my neighbors are actually also on the lookout. Philli has great frum schools, afforadable housing and is super close to the tristate area. You may want to check out elkins park pa which is really small right now but if a families start to move in-it has great potential!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating