Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
I'm so embarrassed!
Previous  1  2

zaq

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 10:18 am
amother wrote:

The only TMI was a kid telling me about his parents in the Jacuzzi together with his aunt and uncle.

Don't assume they were naked.

sbil

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 10:20 am
We were doing a unit on feelings and I was teaching the kids that when we are sad we should think about all the things that we are happy for. So we went around asking each child to tell us something that makes him sad and what makes him happy so he no longer should feel sad. One kid said " I am sad when mommy doesn't let me watch videos" when asked what makes him happy he said " when mommy lets me watch videos."

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 11:09 am
My dd came home with a paper from her morah recently, she asked the kids for their favorite recipe their mommy makes, and then mommy should send in that recipe for a class cook book. Dd's favorite recipe was... Chicken nuggets, the ones that come ready made and frozen, just gotta pop 'em in the oven. (In my defense, I'm partially on bedrest right now!)
When I used to teach playgroup, the kids would talk among themselves about videos they've watched all the time. This was in Lakewood yeshivishland. So no worries, op!
But the funniest I had was the kid who would tell us morahs whenever there was a change in mommy or tatti's sleeping arrangement, like who slept in who's bed last night. Oy, did we laugh from that one!
Amother 'cause I've told that one to all my friends

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 7:17 pm
When my son was in pre-school he told his teacher I live in the mall! I was holding down a full time job at the time and was totally overwhelmed!

amother
Pink

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 8:09 pm
I know someone who had their child write that she shops.

my daughter also answered that she likes pesach because of presents. Its funny because afikoman present isnt a topic in my house.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 8:14 pm
amother wrote:
I know someone who had their child write that she shops.

my daughter also answered that she likes pesach because of presents. Its funny because afikoman present isnt a topic in my house.

Haha that may have been me (the kid, not the parent)! When I was in kindergarten I said my mother goes shopping for clothes for herself (very specific, right?). She still hasn't let me live that down, and gets very indignant whenever the topic comes up, saying that I always had the cutest clothes... but even now, decades later, I think I was probably right on the button! She was a SAHM and I'm the youngest, and she does do a lot of shopping, and even then I remember her trying on stuff all the time.

sweetpotato

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 9:08 pm
My mother once told me that when I was in preschool my class did some little project about our parents' jobs, and mine said "my mommy watches soap operas and folds the laundry."

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 9:37 pm
MY 4 yr old did the shopping line on me too Smile
All day long my mommy is "shopping" she said. I said to her really? She said yes - shopping for me! Smile
I am sure her morah heard a lot of good answers to that one. It's ok. Truth is a lot of her days off we did shopping - she needed spring clothes and it's easier to buy with her bc I never know her size - and water shoes for the pool and sneakers etc. But funny she thinks I am doing that when she's not around. I am NOT.

baltomom

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 10:06 pm
When my daughter was in 1st grade they made a booklet about feelings, and she wrote "I am scared when... my mother takes a shower." On a mother's day card I got today, my son wrote a bunch of words describing me, and one was "sleepy." Come to think of it, last year one of my kids wrote on a Mother's Day card, "My mother likes to... sleep." wonder what those teachers think of me!!

seeker

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 10:46 pm
This is not embarrassing, only a little funny: When mine was 3 she came home with "Thank you Mommy and Tatty for: putting me to sleep." Note: This is not a child with any fondness for sleep at all. She still takes about a year to get to bed and then another one to get to sleep. Didn't get anything from her this year... oh well.

debsey

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 11:24 pm
shanie5 wrote:
In kindergarden, they make a 'yearbook' for graduation. One question is "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Most kids say "tatty", "talmud chacham" or the like. One of my sons said "an Alien". Hmmm.... what doe sthat say about me?

That he always plans on phoning home??

shanie5

Post Mon, May 11 2015, 9:23 pm
debsey wrote:
That he always plans on phoning home??

Funny you say that, as he is the one child (now in his 20's and married) who checks in with me the most! Maybe that was a sign?????????????

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, May 11 2015, 9:29 pm
I'm going amother for this one because I'm embarrassed of myself.

For my kindergarten yearbook the teacher asked everyone what they wished for. Kids said things like, a new bike, for moshiach to come, to be a tzadeikes, to go on a family vacation...

My answer was, "For doughnuts and nosh."

I dont want to see

June

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 2:42 am
Reminds me of my own kindergarten yearbook, where everyone said what they want to be when they grow up. One girl wanted to be an "older sister." (She was, and still is, the youngest of 15!)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers