Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
How to get ds interested in toilet training

artz

Post Mon, Apr 13 2015, 10:37 am
My ds is almost 3 but he doesn't have an interest at all in using the toilet. you ask him and he says no how do I get him interested

loving it!

Post Mon, Apr 13 2015, 3:46 pm
my ds said he wants to still be a baby & wear diapers, because he had no interest. I hid all his diapers and he was forced to concentrate on going to the bathroom. each time he did I made a big deal out of it

Ruchel

Post Tue, Apr 14 2015, 7:10 am
You may need to force it. My ds resisted it then took to it. He would yell, cry in the beginning. All changes are difficult Wink but he was trained quickly.

bandcm

Post Tue, Apr 14 2015, 11:04 am
I was thinking this today! My baby is turning three tomorrow and she has told me quite clearly that she is keeping her diaper and NOT using the toilet/potty. The thing is I am expecting a baby in July and I do not want to deal with toilet training then.
I can't force her by hiding her diapers - she will be traumatised. Her older siblings all were trained by about three, but I have somehow lost my touch - spoiled little thing!
Any advice or ideas would be welcome!

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Apr 14 2015, 1:44 pm
In the same boat! We have a just-turned-2.5 year old who made (both #1&2) previously on the potty before age two, but seemingly by fluke. no success since then though we haven't been actively trying only offering the option.

He now has zero interest and I want him trained before I give birth iyH in 2 months time since I can't see myself dealing with that plus a newborn and want him trained before 3. He knows and is excited that he will get tzitzis only when he's trained but seems to be too busy to bother. He has the verbal skills to tell us and shows physical signs of needing to go but he just can't be bothered. He'll sit and "wait" for a couple minutes and say it's not coming but won't want to go back to try again.

This is despite him being in a nursery program where he's one of only a few in his age group not using the toilet.

I have no clue where to start but I want to just get it over with! He keeps getting rashes because he refuses to let us stop his play to change him...

israeli83

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 2:33 pm
I'm having the same problem!
I didn't have much of a problem with my older son (toilet trained by 3.5). My younger one is now 2.5 years old. I didn't force it with my first son so maybe that's why it was easier. But with my little one, I feel more pressure because I'm expecting baby #3 and he's registered to go to preschool in september. He sometimes tells me when his diaper is dirty. But he doesn't actually want to sit on the potty seat (even though he sees his older brother going to the bathroom). So today I tried to show him with his bear that he's going to the bathroom. Well, it was entertaining for him with the bear, but he still didn't want to sit on the potty seat..even though I showed him his new underwear. So my thought is that I have to wait a little longer because it's not good to push kids to be potty trained if they're not interested or ready.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training