Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Washing machine leaves stains on laundry

Cow

Post Fri, Aug 27 2010, 6:51 am
Our washer leaves dark gray stains and other stains, that look like oil (makes the color darker and translucent-looking). How can I get this fixed?

HindaRochel

Post Fri, Aug 27 2010, 7:17 am
I would first clean out your washing machine to make certain there is nothing in it that could be causing the staining....something that got caught in the agitator.

Then I would run through a cycle with somethings that you don't care if they get stained.

If it still happens I would call the repair center, explain the issue. It might be something mechanical in nature.

kitchen designer

Post Fri, Aug 27 2010, 1:15 pm
could be that the pipe that drains the water from the tank is clogged. after a while build up can clog the pipe (especially if its an older pipe - they are narrower) and then the dirty water backs into the machine making everything dirty.

Cow

Post Sat, Aug 28 2010, 1:54 pm
I just read in Hamodia that it may be the fabric softener.....

Hashemlovesme

Post Sat, Aug 28 2010, 2:46 pm
I don't know what to do, but that happened to all my stuff in sem. Sad

Cow

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 4:30 pm
update - I thought it was my washing machine, but it's actually the dryer! don't have the money to try to fix it now, so I only put blacks / things I don't mind getting ruined in there and hang up the rest. bH we live in israel where the sun works fast Smile
also, I have found if I don't put too much in the dryer, I have less of a chance of it staining things
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry