Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Free Tuition?

amother
Jade

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 4:16 pm
Which other Jewish communities, in America, offer vouchers for free tuition? I already know about South Bend-Indiana, Milwaukee proper-Wisconson and Richmond-Virginia. Are there any others?

smilingmom

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 4:40 pm
Ohio.
Check this site, http://www.ncsl.org/research/e......aspx
Most of the other states do not have large frum communities.

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 5:39 pm
amother wrote:
Which other Jewish communities, in America, offer vouchers for free tuition? I already know about South Bend-Indiana, Milwaukee proper-Wisconson and Richmond-Virginia. Are there any others?

What makes one eligible for vouchers toward free tuition?

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 5:43 pm
funny never heard of fre tuition in brooklyn ny if thier is such a thing I wish someone will tell us how to ge the vouchers beacuse evrytime I tried to find help to get vouchers I always came to a dead end street.
If someone out there can help us who need it how to obtain free tuition please help us. give us where to go.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 6:35 pm
Ohio does not have free tuition.
What they have is automatic tuition vouchers worth $4250 (for elementary) if you live in a neighborhood with poorly rated public schools.
Additionally, if you are low income by 200% of the gross annual amount of the federal poverty guidelines, remaining tuition will be waived.

For a family of 3, this is 40,180; 4 is 48,500; 5 is 56,820; 6 is 65,140; 7 is 73,460; 8 is 81,780, and then add 8,320 for each additional family member.

For the upcoming school year, though, I think one may need to be a resident before July 31st to apply, and you would need documentation in order by that deadline showing you are a resident (utility bills, for example)...

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 7:28 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Ohio does not have free tuition.
What they have is automatic tuition vouchers worth $4250 (for elementary) if you live in a neighborhood with poorly rated public schools.
Additionally, if you are low income by 200% of the gross annual amount of the federal poverty guidelines, remaining tuition will be waived.

For a family of 3, this is 40,180; 4 is 48,500; 5 is 56,820; 6 is 65,140; 7 is 73,460; 8 is 81,780, and then add 8,320 for each additional family member.

For the upcoming school year, though, I think one may need to be a resident before July 31st to apply, and you would need documentation in order by that deadline showing you are a resident (utility bills, for example)...

What Jewish neighborhoods in Ohio have poorly rated public schools?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 8:07 pm
Cleveland has some sort of separate voucher program, but I don't remember the specifics. Rabbi Frank at the Agudah of Ohio there should be able to help you.
Columbus has 2 neighborhoods where frum Jews live; I don't remember the specifics, but one of them is no longer eligible, and the other is.
Cincinnati -- Amberley Village and Golf Manor, where most of the frum community lives.

imalady

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 8:08 pm
Cleveland Heights, and it has excellent schools. Actually double check with someone who lives there now as I think there may be another neighborhood you can choose also.

BTW - you can get a nice house there for 100k as well.

Good luck
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating