Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Nail Polish - please explain
Previous  1  2

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 10:00 am
DrMom wrote:
OP, I get what you are saying. I am not a nail polish person myself.

Blush gives you a youthful glow by making your cheeks slightly rosier than they already are. Red- or pink-hued lipstick enhances the appearance of your naturally reddish--pinkish lips. They take your natural features and give them more oomph.

In contrast, blue (or even red) fingernails do not take your naturally blue (or red) fingernails and give them more oomph; you do not have naturally blue or red fingernails to emphasize.

It's a different category of cosmetic.

Think of it more as a way for some women to use their own fingernails as a colored ornament or accessory.

Yes!!! Thank you for articulating what I was saying with the blush comparison. I view cosmetics as enhancers of beauty everyone wishes they had naturally. Which is why I love a french manicure, or pale pinkish tones. No one wishes for white or blue or burgundy nails... But if it's viewed as a fun thing, or a way to add color to your outfit, that makes sense to me.

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 6:17 pm
Thank goodness for blue nailpolish--makes it so much easier to mark my milchig pots/pans/Tupperware etc...

Barbara

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 6:40 pm
Mrs Bissli wrote:
Thank goodness for blue nailpolish--makes it so much easier to mark my milchig pots/pans/Tupperware etc...

Isn't that what Sharpies are for?

little_mage

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 8:30 pm
When I was growing up, for some reason when I painted my nails, it always tended to be in the later half of the rainbow (greens, blues and purples). My father thought it was strange, but both my parents figured better my nails then my hair. I think I primarly tended to pick whatever color looked pretty. I currently have purple/gold nails. Why? Because I was going to a wedding and wearing a dress with a purple skirt, so I was matching.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics