Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
New Forum= Bariatric Surgery (Gastric Bypass or Lapband)

3Qts

Post Mon, Jun 16 2008, 6:02 pm
Thanks to Yael we now have our own forum.
In this forum we will discuss trials and accomplishment of having surgery.
Share your weight loss experience with other "banders" And get support throught out your journey.
Please PM if you would like to join (only if you are in the process of having surgery or had surgery)

boruchhashem

Post Mon, Jun 16 2008, 8:54 pm
Thank you 3Qts for this forum. Hatzlacha. I hope we can really get and give chizuk as needed. I think it would be a good thing to start with how long ago you have had surgery, your success and weak points.

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Jun 16 2008, 9:15 pm
I lost a ton of weight without any surgery (50+ pounds). Does that count?

mmomm

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 9:04 am
Hi. I had the lapband surgery done on October 22nd 2008. All I can say that this is the best solution for anyone who truly wants to lose weight and really keep it off.

Since I did not qualify for insurance to pay for me, ( I had a bout 50 pounds to lose), I paid for it myself and it was worht every penny!

This journey did and does come with some difficulties, but I never regret this decision for one second.

Good luck to everyone who wants to have it done! Very Happy

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 9:13 am
Chocoholic wrote:

TELL ME MORE

lol

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 11:29 pm
Chocoholic wrote:

What did you do, got rid of all your chocolete?

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 11:50 pm
ruthb wrote:
Hi. I had the lapband surgery done on October 22nd 2008.

you're either living in a different generation, or a previous world honey.
October 22nd 2008 is 4 months away from now.
you must've meant 2007.

also if u paid for it urself, duz that means there's an endless supply of money on a tree s/where next to your house?

Crayon210

Post Wed, Jun 18 2008, 5:30 pm
The off-topic discussion about a poster whose son has a weight issue was moved to a new thread in the "Family" section of "Relationships". It's called "Married some with weight issue", or something like that.

mmomm

Post Wed, Jun 18 2008, 8:05 pm
Hi flowerpower,

Oops!

Yes, I made a mistake. The surgery was indeed on Ocober 22nd 2007.

Chani

Post Thu, Jun 19 2008, 7:20 am
How much did it cost, ruthb, if you don't mind my asking?

Right now it is so frustrating with my insurance. They require that you be over the limit for 5 years. Well, apparently when I lost 20 lbs. last summer, that brought me under the limit and even though I'm afraid I've nearly gained it all back, they said that the clock has to start over! Very very frustrating.

The one glimmer of hope is that my company is switching health insurance plans January 1st, so I hope that the new plan won't be as restrictive on its qualifying requirements. If it is, then I'm just going to pay out of pocket. I've been wondering, if forced to go that route, if it would be any cheaper to have it done in Canada or Israel...I can see issues coming up, though, with aftercare.

momo2boys

Post Thu, Jun 19 2008, 12:02 pm
hi everyone,
we're in the process of doing the lap band for my dh, can I join, being that I'm a bit nervious about it, but yet I really want him to do it?
it's such a long process Surprised my insurance is making us do tons beforehand (or does everyone have to?) but I think now were closer than further, hopefully we'll be able to schedule the surgery soon. I do need to get more encouragement ,even though I did hear tons, but it's never too much Wink can everyone (anyone) tell me how much they lost, how soon?

Tefila

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 12:14 pm
I have heard the gastric is more successful then the lapband how true is that? .

zufriedene

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 5:18 am
im gathering info.I might be an eligible candidate whats the exact difference between the two procedures?

ais567

Post Wed, Nov 21 2012, 4:59 pm
hi, just had a gastric bypass a week ago, would love to hear from anyone who has had it.
anything....

Mommyp

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 2:34 pm
am working towards lapband surgery. my only question is, whenever I diet strictly I feel weak and have no energy. why will it be different with such restricted eating after lapband? will I be able to be a busy mother on so few calories?

harriet

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 2:44 pm
why is anonymous posting disabled in this forum?!!?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics