Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
CDH/DDH & Spica cast - Any experienced mommys?

amother
Brown

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 7:12 pm
My baby was born with CDH on one side which developed into DDH. Baby will be 5 mmonths when cast will be put on.

Any experienced mommys out there? How did you manage with diapering?
Where can I get clothing for the summer?
How was baby after general anaesthesia?My baby is extremely gassy and with her legs immobile im afraid she'll be in constant pain (like with harness and brace)

pesek zman

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 7:46 pm
You will likely not be able to dress her on the bottom; since it's summer you may have to stick to onesies

amother
Black

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 8:05 pm
My baby is 4 months old and in the brace not cast but I can tell you she totally doesn't make a peep when I pt on for her. Something is wrong if your child is in pain

amother
Brown

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 12:09 am
Black amother-op here
She wasn't in pain from the brace. Just
uncomfortable. She was in pain because she's very gassy ahs kicking her little legs and cycling helps it along. Being that she only had very limited movement of her legs, she couldn't get rid of the gas....

Which pediatric orthopedic surgeon do you go to?
And which brace do you use?
Are your baby's hips loose or dislocated.

My baby is seeing dr David S. Feldman. And he suggested the von Rosen splint. Unfortunately, insurance doesn't cover it as it is not a USA product. It is ordered from Switzerland. So now I have a $400 brace and no use for it.

I think I'll open another thread if someone knows of a gmach where I can give it away to. So other people can use it and won't have to buy it. It's expensive and a baby needs bigger sizes as they grow.... (Although it didn't help for her DDH, it did help heal the nerve damage/injury she sustained from the pavlic harness.

amother
Black

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 6:32 am
Im not sure what the brace is called but its plastic and foam and closes with Velcro over her thighs and stomach. We're also seeing dr. Feldman in nyu. But Medicaid covered it. Amd yes, my daughter needs the next size already. Will tell the dr. Next time I go and adding velcro to the strap over the stomach which is the only one I cant close anymore..

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 10:03 am
Bumping this up. Appointment is next week.
Does anyone have experience with diapering? And clothing....

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 12:35 pm
Hugs!

My child was older and had the cast for other reasons.

We bought http://www.ebay.com/itm/261574742087 breakaway shorts. I also made underwear- brought bigger underwear to the tailor and had them put in Velcro. Didn't end up using it since the velcro was not comfy.

If it's hot- the child can just wear onesies like a previous poster said. If cooler weather, u can find snap on shorts for child.

Refuah Shelaima & Good luck!

We went to Dr Feldman, but we were told he doesn't take insurance (unless he didn't take ours?) We paid out of pocket.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 2:39 pm
Thanks coffee amother. I hope your kid is doing ok.
I can't put those onto a girl.... Smile. But I guess I can pay someone to do custom with that idea. Thanks again.
I bh have good insurance and he did take my insurance.

Last time we saw him he was all hyped up. That day they got certified for a huge selection of insurance companies. He was saying that he felt do bad that a fifteen minute visit was sooo expressive for his out of pocket patience and now they will be able to come free of charge......

Anyhoo, I'd love to hear from anyone who is experienced with diapering.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics