Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Best filter for iPod for preteen

flmommy

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 6:44 am
My DH bought our son an iPod. What is the best filter to put on it? Are the parental controls on it enough? Is there away to allow youtube but not anything bad?

tigerwife

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 7:20 am
I believe an iPod picks up wifi for Internet availability, so whatever filter you have on your internet service will reflect on the iPod. If you have a device- based filter like K9, maybe you can get the iPod tagged?

Raisin

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 7:30 am
you can disallow internet explorer etc. Go to settings and restrictions. And set up the itunes account so that only you know the password, not your child. You are in control of what apps are on there.

I think in the us there is a kids youtube channel but its not available in europe so ive not seen it. They might have a separate app.

Check it periodically so you know what your kid is doing. You might want to make a rule that it is only used in public places.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children