Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Challah dough in fridge over night

notme

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 8:56 pm
Can someone please give me a recipe that will work if I make the dough tonight and keep it on the fridge over night? Does anyone do this? Please give me recipe and instructions.

Butterfly07

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 8:59 pm
Friday gets too busy for us so if we don't have time to bake the challah dough Thursday night, we'll finish the braiding stage & cover it with plastic cling wrap and put it in the fridge overnight then take it out and let it rise for a bit the next day! It has worked with diff recipes so far Smile Good Luck

be good

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 9:35 pm
This is the recipe I use. http://www.imamother.com/forum.....47972

After adding the last ingredient (flour), and kneading it in, I let it rise for 10-20 minutes and put it in the frig. I take it out the next morning an hour or two before I want to braid and proceed with the recipe instructions.

b'hatzlacha!

zaq

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 9:44 pm
You should be able to do this with any recipe. There is no magic to it. The cold temp. simply slows down the rising but neither kills the yeast nor halts the rising entirely. Check the dough before going to bed and punch down if it looks as if it is going to overflow the bowl overnight. Once you bring the dough back to room temp the rising will continue as before. You will need to allow extra time for the dough to warm up, and then continue following the directions per the recipe.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads